Email forwarding stopped working

My website URL is: http://dietrich.nz

What I’m seeing is: emails are no longer arriving at my outlook.co.nz address.

Additional information: No bounces are received. It has been working for over a year. No changes have been made.

Finally got a bounce message:

This is the mail system at host freemail.byetcluster.com. I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below. For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster. If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message. The mail system [<[email protected]>](mailto:[email protected]): delivery temporarily suspended: conversation with 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] timed out while receiving the initial server greeting

Reporting-MTA: dns; freemail.byetcluster.com X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 747A0100BC2 X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; [[email protected]](mailto:[redacted]@outlook.co.nz) Arrival-Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 17:42:52 -0500 (EST) Final-Recipient: rfc822; [[email protected]](mailto:[email protected]) Original-Recipient: [rfc822;[email protected]](mailto:rfc822;[email protected]) Action: failed Status: 4.4.2 Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: conversation with 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] timed out while receiving the initial server greeting

Bounce messages can take some time to actually come into your inbox.

This depends on the speed of the address’ provider you were trying to send emails to.

1 Like

Ok, so I’ve made no changes yet email forwarding is now bouncing.

I’ve been told there were some bounces as a consequence of fixing another issue on the mail server. But this should all be resolved now. Does your email work now?

1 Like

Hi. I sent an email to the address not quite 4 hours ago. Nothing has arrived yet. So I’d say, it’s not working yet. Thanks.

Ok, so yesterday’s email didn’t arrive and there was no bounce email either. It’s been over 24 hours. Nothing in my spam folder.

Can you please setup an email account and see if you can receive email with that? It’s possible that Outlook is rejecting or discarding the forwarded messages (which is an inherent issue with email forwarding across different providers).

1 Like

Thanks for replying. Still nothing. I deleted the forwarder and created a new one pointing to my ISPs email address. Nothing. Repeated but used my gmail (I know there are issues with gmail), nothing. But my ISP’s email should have worked.

Now reverted to my original outlook address. Hopefully your guys can fix this please, as it was working for over a year until very recently (this week?).

Latest bounce:
This is the mail system at host freemail.byetcluster.com. I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below. For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster. If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message. The mail system [<[email protected]>](mailto:[email protected]): host 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] said: 411 Recipient [<[email protected]>](mailto:[email protected]) Persistent Transient Failure Address Status Bad destination mailbox address (in reply to end of DATA command)

That might have been when I tried forwarding to my gmail though…

It doesn’t matter which email address I forward it to, Outlook, Google, my ISP, the bounce messages are the same.

Forwarder is currently set to my ISP. No bounces. No emails forwarded. Nothing in the spam folder.

Tried your suggestion. Still not forwarding.

Today, forwarding is now working to my ISP email address. So something has changed. Outlook still not working, but this is better than nothing.

This is new. If I forward to my Outlook address, I’m now getting this:

Reporting-MTA: dns; freemail.byetcluster.com
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 176E210115E
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; [redacted]
Arrival-Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 19:37:01 -0500 (EST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; [redacted]
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; apc.olc.protection.outlook.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 451 4.7.650 The mail server [82.163.176.236] has been
    temporarily rate limited due to IP reputation. For e-mail delivery
    information, see https://postmaster.live.com (S774)
    [HK2APC01FT052.eop-APC01.prod.protection.outlook.com]

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/ip-address-temporarily-rate-restricted-auto/6ef9f4cb-3835-48ba-9ae7-ab695e02e9a8

Look just send an email to your web email address, then reply back to the email. Your reply will then pop up.
The thing is that they check where did it get sent from and what the domain of the senders. Your emails are sent from infinityfree servers. But your email address is a different domain. Then it gets marked as spam or gets deleted. There is no way to fix it though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.