Empty page when embedded

Hi!

I’m trying to embed html from Freecluster.eu into Google Sites. Google Sites accepts it, but in Microsoft Edge and also in Google Chrome I see just empty white space, nothing more. In Mozilla Firefox it does show embedded pages ok as soon as Firefox recognizes site cert, it took a while for it. When I open these embedded pages in Edge and Chrome directly – no problem. When I try to embed another site … it does show ok also in Edge and Chrome. Any ideas?

More thanks, Alar.

Bcz this file is not available/banned on free hosting?

Thanks!

I’ve no idea! Well, I can see it, just updated versions and … no problem, via Firefox, on my own computer. On test device (VM) Firefox show also empty page as Edge and Chrome, but directly (not via home page on Google Sites) I see these two pages all the time ok.

Terv, Alar.

1 Like

Latest Firefox (96.0.3) complains (show errors) about “Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at inline (“script-src”).” and “Blocked loading mixed active content http://google.com/cookies.html”, Firefox 91.5 ESR has no problem showing these frames.
Latest Edge (98.0.1108.43) complains just about “Current.html:1 Mixed Content: The page at ‘www.infutik.eu/varia/elektrihind’ was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure frame ‘Turn cookies on or off - Computer - Google Account Help’. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.”.
Alar.

This security system is blocking that:

It may be possible to override it with Cloudflare:

2 Likes

Hi and thanks for explanation, even I can’t follow all of it, I mean to understand, I’m not so good at this.

For me, seems to, it’s too complicated, I just wanted to have an option embed some html’s via Google Sites, that’s it. And I’m still not understanding all together why this simple html can’t be shown up. But, seems to, it does, at least in some Firefox versions and in Edge IE mode …

Thanks anyway!

Terv, Alar.

Different browsers handle ideals differently. Some browsers all them to have cookies, some don’t.

If the browser allows an iframe to set cookies, it will work. If the browser does not, it won’t work.

You can try using Cloudflare, it may get it working on all browsers.

1 Like

The reason for this is that we don’t allow embedding of things hosted on our hosting in other websites.

Normally, this isn’t complicated (and on premium hosting, it really is that simple), but free hosting comes with restrictions that prevent this.

Hi and thank You!

Seems to. In some browser I see is everything just fine, incl. in MS Edge IE mode (or IE). Well, I’m not keen to have it embedded, I just … consider options.

More thanks, Alar.

Hi and thanks!

Well, this make sense, I mean, there is restrictions. I have (nor had) no intention to diminish InfinityFree hosting part, I just want to see it looks nicer. Do You know and may to share some free hosting which allows this kind of embedding and also FTP? If I may ask. Well, sure, business is business. =)

Anyway, thank You!

Terv, Alar.

You don’t have to leave!

Try using Cloudflare, as I suggested before. It should be able to override that system and allow you to embed.

2 Likes

Hi and thank You!

I’m really appreciate this, thanks. =)

Terv, Alar.

2 Likes

Hi!

Well, there is suggested to add A-record for www, but I have already this name used as CNAME for ghs.googlehosted.com, so I can’t add this name anymore. As it is - I have home page on Google Sites and trying embed there a piece from InfinityFree.

Terv, Alar.

Only thing to note here is that the site is using a free subdomain, which means you can’t use Cloudflare.

What you could do is the following:

1. Point your domain infutik.eu to our nameservers.
  2. Add infutik.eu to your hosting account as an addon domain.
  3. Create a subdomain of your own domain through the Subdomains menu (e.g. elektrihind.infutik.eu).
  4. Move your domain name to Cloudflare’s nameservers.

In Cloudflare’s nameservers, you can then send your www subdomain to Google Sites, and the elektrihind subdomain to our servers. And you can enable Cloudflare on the subdomain hosted with us, and choose whether you want Cloudflare on the Google hosted site.

But I admit that this is quite convoluted, so I would understand it if you’d rather host this elsewhere.

2 Likes

Hi!

And thank You!

Well, I misunderstood this warning about free subdomains. Anyway.

(1) So, first of all I’ll replace already set Cloudflare ns’s to ns1 and ns2 for infutik.eu, right?

May I keep Cloudflare settings as it is for now?

Also, then I must add CNAME for www and TXT for infutik.eu in Your DNS settings, right? Otherwise access to Google Sites will broke.

(2) Ok, I see the place for adding domain, there is listed already infutik.freecluster.eu.

(3) I see the Subdomain option also.

(4) Moving infutik.eu back to Cloudflare as I did previously? It does check current records and will import them, yes?

Am I on right course? And this will allow embedding of things hosted on Your hosting in Google Sites?, well, probably it will as all thread is about this as goal. =)

More thanks, Alar.

Correct set the nameservers to ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com and add it to your account

No, because you are going to move the domain back to Cloudflare.

1. Chane the nameserers of infutik.eu to ns1.epizy.com & ns2.epizy.com

2. In the control panel, add infutik.eu to the “Addon Domains” section

3. In the control panel, add “elektrihind.infutik.eu” as a subdomain in the “Subdomains” section

4. Change the nameservers of infutik.eu to Cloudflares

5. In Cloudflare DNS settings, set the www and “@” CNAME/A records to Google Site’s settings

6. In Cloudflare DNS settings, set the infutik.eu A record to the IP in the client area

2 Likes

Hi and thank You! Thank You all!

What a journey (for me), but seems to with Your help it’s working like a charm! =)

More thanks, Alar.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.