Epizy.com domain name unavailable

Since this morning, it appears that an issue at our domain registrar has caused the domain epizy.com tobe unavailable.

Subdomains of epizy.com are unreachable

With epizy.com itself being unreachable, all free subdomains of epizy.com are unreachable as well. There is sadly no workaround for this.

If you do need your website to be reachable urgently, you can of course create an additional subdomain for your hosting using another domain name. You can do so through the Subdomains section in your control panel.

Effects on custom domains

While custom domains (like example.com) are not part of epizy.com, custom domain name owners may still experience difficulty in one of the following ways.

Nameservers no longer respond

If you use ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com as your nameservers, your custom domain will not be reachable.

To fix this, you can change the nameservers at your domain registrar from ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com to ns1.byet.org and ns2.byet.org. These addresses point to the same nameservers and will respond with the right DNS settings.

MX records is unreachable

If your domain name is using our mail service, it’s probably configured to use mx.epizy.com as the MX record. Since this record is currently unreachable, you can use mx.byetcluster.com instead.

MySQL database hostname is unreachable

If your website is using a database hostname like sqlXXX.epizy.com, this domain name may not work anymore either. You can work around this by changing your website’s database configuration to use sqlXXX.byetcluster.com instead.

Main domain is unreachable

If you’re using third party nameservers like Cloudflare, you may have configured those nameservers to point to the main domain name of your hosting account. Since the main domain usually includes epizy.com, this may affect the status of your domain name as well.

To fix this, you can remove the CNAME records with your main domain, and replace them with A records pointing to your website IP address. To figure out your website IP address, you can use this tool. Simply replace the domain name in the top left box with your account’s main domain (yes, the broken one) and click Dig. The IP address just below there, which looks like 185.27.134.XXX, is the IP address of your hosting account.

What caused this issue?

It appears that the domain name disappeared on our registrar NameSilo’s end, as it seems like the domain does not exist at all anymore in their platform.

When will this issue be resolved?

We’re currently trying to get in touch with our domain registrar NameSilo to get this issue resolved.

5 Likes

That happened for second time. Hope that fixes :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah

Where do we change DNS addresses?

Unable to change from “Account Settings” section?

Which “DNS addresses” do you mean? If you’re referring to the nameservers of your domain name, you can change them through the panel of your domain name provider.

Ironically, this time it seems to be a ToS violation, while last time it was because of a botched override designed to prevent this thing from happening.

2 Likes

To get rid of this problem, I want to apply what is written here.

But I couldn’t find the section on the existing CPanel to replace them.

(Google Translate)

If you use an epizy.com subdomain, then we should wait until it fixes (so no workaround at all). If you have your own domain, you could do that from the domain registrar’s control panel. On the Control Panel of our hosting, you can’t change nameservers.

I don’t have my own domain name.

Looks like I’m gonna wait for you to solve the problem.

1 Like

hmm , I am using webmail with domain minealts.epizy.com will this be affected?

Yes, it will for now.

Oh no, I’ll lose something very important :frowning:

My website:
http://comforterwormlending.epizy.com/
Also unavailable for this reason, right?

When will it be fixed?

I don’t know when it will be fixed, but know that the Admin is trying to get in touch with Namesilo to have the issue resolved.

1 Like

NameSilo has just reactivated the domain name! Everything should come back online soon.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

It looks like NameSilo has taken the domain down again. This is likely caused by another suspension on their end.

Please see the first initial post in the topic again for more information about this issue.

2 Likes