Error 403 forbidden, website is not displaying

I was trying to white list those IPs.

ok let’s keep that aside, what about my friend’s site, it was Wednesday he login last for practice and the site also went down.

its bothering me alot

2 Likes

did you know that…
| FAILING 2 PLAN…IS PLANING 2 FAIL |
Edited by the moderator - Please don't post memes in this category! Thank you.

1 Like

As I said earlier, can you please provide a domain and username?
Thanks.

Try this:

deny from all
allow from 11.234.567.890 12.345.678.900
3 Likes

Here is the sit henryben.lovestoblog.com

that’s exact thing that happened to napsworks.com

That site has a corrupted WP installation. That has nothing to do with InfinityFree. (Although a iFastNet server upgrade may have caused it.) Please follow this article to repair the site.

Edit: Sorry, I copied the wrong link :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Link, you didn’t add it

1 Like

This site is working fine. If you see something different, please clear your cache.

3 Likes

I removed the installation and started afresh to rebuild it today

Ok, I recommend to take a backup of files AND the PHPMyAdmim Databases whenever you make a big change (Or every x days) so you don’t have to re-build :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok, I knew that before, but for some reason… the logic got reversed in my head XD

Yeah, don’t do

allow from whatever
deny from all

do

deny from all
allow from whatever

Order does matter (as already stated here)!

4 Likes

Please can you write the script here for me, if am trying to whitelist a certain IP rangs. I the I use was a recommendation from someone I copied from.

Is this what you want? I posted it above. Just replace my example IPs with the real ones. You can add as many as you want.

4 Likes

thanks a lot.

1 Like

Not a problem!

I merged both the topics.

Next time @emmapsky if you don’t understand a provided solution or the solution doesn’t work, please just say so and ask! As you found out, we’re all happy to help you. But please try to keep an open mind and consider the solutions presented to you. Ignoring a good part of them because you don’t believe them makes it hard to solve problems.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.