Error 500 and FTP issues

Problem 1: After updating wordpress I have this error
Warning : require(/home/vol11_7/epizy.com/epiz_22618765/htdocs/wp-blog-header.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vol11_7/epizy.com/epiz_22618765/htdocs/index.php on line 17
Fatal error : require(): Failed opening required ‘/home/vol11_7/epizy.com/epiz_22618765/htdocs/wp-blog-header.php’ (include_path=‘.:/usr/share/pear/’) in /home/vol11_7/epizy.com/epiz_22618765/htdocs/index.php on line 17

Problem 2: I can not access my FTP Client (Filezilla) It keeps throwing errors out:

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message…
Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
Response: 220-You are user number 516 of 3900 allowed.
Response: 220-Local time is now 13:02. Server port: 21.
Response: 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 60 seconds of inactivity.
Command: USER [email protected]
Response: 331 User [email protected] OK. Password required
Command: PASS *********
Response: 530 Login authentication failed
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

I use the same password I use to log into c-panel.

That likely means the update broke and messed up your WordPress installation. But there is no need to worry, you can still recover the installation.

To fix this, you can download a fresh copy of WordPress of the specific version you were upgrading to: Download – WordPress.org

Then, you extract the archive on your computer and upload it’s contents on top of your existing website, overwriting any existing files.

That should ensure all the WordPress core files are present and compatible, and allow WordPress to fix itself from there.

In your logs, I see you’re using [email protected] as the email address. The username should be the exact username as it is displayed in the client area and control panel, which do not have any domain suffix. So please try the username epiz_22618765 instead.

It comes back with the same Error

Is there a guide on how to do this? I have tried and did not succeed. I wanted to do it via FTP but still having issues logging on.

What comes back with which error? WordPress or FTP? Could you please post the updated logs/errors?

We don’t have a guide on how to fix WordPress after a broken update. But every time WordPress releases a new version there are a few installations which break, so it might come soon.

In the mean time, you could try searching the web for it.

FTP

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message…
Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
Response: 220-You are user number 508 of 3900 allowed.
Response: 220-Local time is now 13:43. Server port: 21.
Response: 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 60 seconds of inactivity.
Command: USER epiz_22618765
Response: 331 User epiz_22618765 OK. Password required
Command: PASS *********
Response: 530 Login authentication failed
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

Hmm, I don’t see any obvious issues in the log output. Just to make sure, did you follow the steps in this article already? https://infinityfree.net/support/i-cannot-connect-to-ftp/

Thank you so much! I read another article that said to use the Cpanel password. Feeling quite blonde now.

Hopefully I can solve the Website error now.

I was able to get access to wordpress again. Unfortunately it reset my whole site so will have to rebuild from scratch. My backup seems to be broken.

Thank you for your help.

@Dragon @Admin i can’t access my website it displays error 500

Do you get the same error messages as you did before? If so, did the solutions proposed before work?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.