Error 500 on my wordpress admin page

Hi,

I haven’t worked on my website in a while and when I tried to open the wordpress admin page I got error 500. I was able to enable PHP errors reporting and this is the error I get:

Warning: require_once(/home/vol4_2/epizy.com/epiz_21927805/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/backwpup/inc/class-system-requirements.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vol4_2/epizy.com/epiz_21927805/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/backwpup/backwpup.php on line 562

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/home/vol4_2/epizy.com/epiz_21927805/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/backwpup/inc/class-system-requirements.php’ (include_path=‘.:/usr/share/pear/’) in /home/vol4_2/epizy.com/epiz_21927805/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/backwpup/backwpup.php on line 562

I looked into Monsta File Manager and backwpup.php is there. How do I fix it?

it could be a problem with your plugins. I had a similar issue so what I did was renamed the plugin folder in my c-panel (online file manager) into plugin-0 this temporarily deactivates plugins. If your site loads after doing that you know the problem was due to one of your plugins.

You can also find plugin through client area>Htdocs>wp-content and plugin let me know if your problem resolves :slight_smile:

@AegonTr said:
it could be a problem with your plugins. I had a similar issue so what I did was renamed the plugin folder in my c-panel (online file manager) into plugin-0 this temporarily deactivates plugins. If your site loads after doing that you know the problem was due to one of your plugins.

I think you’re right. Judging by the path of the error, it looks like the BackWPup is broken. This could be caused by a bug in the plugin or simply a corrupted installation. In either way, you can remove the htdocs/wp-content/plugins/backwpup/ folder from your account and then try to reinstall it.