Error 508

Wall-E.cf

(please specify the website or account you are asking about)

Error 508

This page isn’t working

If the problem continues, contact the site owner.

HTTP ERROR 508

Other Information

I have recently tried to create a multisite with sub directories

Welcome!

I currently see a cannot connect to database message on your website. Can you check to make sure the database still exists in PHPMyAdmin, and the credentials are correct?

1 Like

I have gotten frustrated, I think the free hosting does not support multi site

Provide more information so that we can help. Multi site is indeed supported on free hosting.

2 Likes

So I tried installing it as a multi site with sub directories but once I am done with the process, I am no longer able to access the admin area. it used to work when it had directories

how can I contact you personally so that I explain to you

What does “multi site” mean?
Are you referring to subdomains, subdirectories,
or Wordpress multi site mode?

All we need is more info from you
instead of just “not working” so we can help.

3 Likes

I mean Wordpress multi site mode. with the option for subdirectories

So you want each subdirectory to be different? Can you share the steps you took so far to set this up?

2 Likes

I did all the steps required. There is code for allowing multisite that is to be written in wp.config in the cpanel, there are then a few more lines to be added in this directory, which I did. the next step is to create add another lines of code in the .htaaccess sub directory, which I did. the final step is refreshing the page and then logging in again. it is at this point where I am unable to access my website admin panel. I have tried to reloead severally but it is showing the following error.

This page isn’t working

If the problem continues, contact the site owner.

HTTP ERROR 508

So I thought I had messed it up and decided to delete everything including my database, but it still wont log in after a fresh start

Can you share the URL of the sub-directory as well?
Thanks

2 Likes

that is just it, I cannot acces my admin panel anymore

You said you are using multi-site. If wall-e.cf is one URL, what is the other one?

2 Likes

I was just trying to create it, it has not been created thus far

HTTP ERROR 508 usually means the entry process limit was exceeded for your site. But I suspect it could also be a rate limiting issue.

You say you only see this after setting up the Multisite, and immediately after you did that? Does it help if you leave the site alone for a while and try again later?

Could you also check the Network log in the developer tools menu in your browser? If you made an error in the URL settings and caused a redirect loop, that could also get you kicked out.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.