Error 525 - SSL handshake failed (cloudflare) -> The certificate uploaded is NOT for the domain name fsocietyproject.ml (CloudFlare Origin Certificate was seen)

My website URL is: FSOCIEYPROJECT.ML

What I’m seeing is: Error 525 - SSL handshake failed (cloudflare) → The certificate uploaded is NOT for the domain name fsocietyproject.ml (CloudFlare Origin Certificate was seen) .

I’m using this software: Been setting up SSL on the domain for an few days, I have trying using the PEM and CSR from cPanel and exported to cloudflare but, no matter what I keeps giving me The certificate uploaded is NOT for the domain name (CloudFlare Origin Certificate was seen). I have tryed to add the DNS servers (ada.ns.cloudflare.com & ian.ns.cloudflare.com) but, that just broke it more, from that I was guessing that when you add cloud-flare’s arth from cPanel that it edit’s the CNAME and stuff to get cloudflare’s servers connected. I would go to guess that the real error we need to fix is The certificate uploaded is NOT for the domain name fsocietyproject.ml (CloudFlare Origin Certificate was seen) .! I was looking at the forms and saw that this can be done from not having www and non-www for the cert. I tried that - didn’t fix it. I tried to just use the root- same problem so this is not an cloudflare error and this would be an error on the host.

Thank you so much and I hope we can fix this!

Additional information: Cloudflare SSL error

It looks to see that changing CF’s SSL/TLS encryption mode to Flexible everything works! Anyway to get this an bit more secure?

The article about this error specifically mentions Cloudflare Origin Certificates and why they raise this error:

https://infinityfree.net/support/the-uploaded-certificate-is-not-for-the-domain-name/

To secure your connection further, you’d have to install an SSL certificate on your hosting account. You can use our free SSL certificates for that, which can be generated through the client area.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.