Error 525 when using Full SSL in Cloudflare

Website URL: https://peaceful.ml/

Whenever I try to use the Full or Full (Strict) SSL mode on Cloudflare, it doesn’t work. I know I can use flexible but using Full or Full Strict is mandatory for protecting extremely sensitive data that will be transferred from the Origin Server to Cloudflare.

I joined InfinityFree a few days ago and I don’t know how to fix this problem. Thanks in advance!

Please install minimally a self-signed cert on VPanel to use Full SSL mode on CF

6 Likes

A most common problem when you don’t configure your website with Cloudflare correctly.
I think you are using cloudflare integration from vPanel and trying to use full SSL.

Use flexible SSL from cloudflare SSL settings it will fix the problem.
Or try what @KangJL set for full SSL Settings.
Or Install valid SSL on your site for Full (Strict) SSL Settings.

You can generate certificate from CloudFlare Dashboard → SSL/TLS → Origin Server and use it for Full SSL settings to work with cloudflare

2 Likes

Cloudflare’s Origin Certificates are not valid certificates and can’t be used in InfinityFree…

As shown in the article by InfinityFree themselves.

3 Likes

Then use infinityfree free ssl and use full ssl mode

2 Likes

For some reason my website had the same thing (even with a self signed SSL installed). But changing it to flexible solved the problem.

If you use flexible, whats the point of having an SSL on IF? I dont think it will do anything. Set it to full, and than wait. Sometimes it takes a little bit to start working.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.