Error establishing a database connection

My website URL is:

What I’m seeing is:
I am sporadically receiving the following error message:
“Error establishing a database connection
This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can’t contact the database server at sql106.epizy.com . This could mean your host’s database server is down.”

I’m using this software:
WordPress 5.3.2, installed via cPanel.

Additional information:
This is currently happening on any/all pages of the site, not just one specific page. Usually, I can hit the refresh button and the page will load. Besides looking bad to site visitors, it is interfering with anything I need to do that takes a little bit of time and automation, like WordPress plugin and theme updates, or installing new plugins (which is what I’m trying to do today). Is the database server under inordinate load today?

I’ve noticed this occasionally over the last few weeks, but usually it only happens once or twice per browsing session. I just hoped any site visitors haven’t been getting the error too. Within the past several minutes before starting to read and post in the forum, it’s been happening significantly more often… on every third or fourth page load. That’s what convinced me to finally post about it.

This is a known issue. I wrote a larger statement on the topic from yesterday with the exact same title:

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply. Sorry I missed the other post as I was skimming through the forum. The most recent one to show up in the suggested threads as I was typing my message was from about a year ago, so I thought my issues might have been fresh/new. Again, thanks for the reply.

All the database credentials are correct. when I am checking the database connection, its results failed.
I think it is because infinityfree provides free hosting too. free users are facing this issue might be.

Please make your own topic. This topic is to solve @firststeps problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.