Error establishing a database connection

Hello,

My Wordpress site is not loading, likely because my phpMyAdmin page doesn’t load either, error: “This page isn’t working”, but I get the error listed below on my site pages (http://whgl.42web.io/).

I’m guessing that there is some kind of an outage, since this error appeared without having made any changes to the site, but if anyone knows anything about this or can assist, that would be great.

Full page error:

Warning : mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/2002): Connection timed out in /home/vol17_2/epizy.com/epiz_32014439/htdocs/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1753

Deprecated : mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/vol17_2/epizy.com/epiz_32014439/htdocs/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1785

Warning : mysql_connect(): Connection timed out in /home/vol17_2/epizy.com/epiz_32014439/htdocs/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1785

Connection timed out

Error establishing a database connection

This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or that contact with the database server at sql302.epizy.com could not be established. This could mean your host’s database server is down.

• Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
  • Are you sure you have typed the correct hostname?
  • Are you sure the database server is running?

If you are unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.

Update: Seems strange, but phpMyAdmin came up a couple minutes after I posted this message, after more than a day of it being unreachable. But the site pages are still throwing the same error as above.

Maybe:

If that doesn’t help, check out this.

Thanks for the reply, these don’t apply to my issue though.

It does seem like there is some kind of connection issue between your website server and the database. I’ve asked iFastNet to check.

5 Likes

Super, my site is back up. Thank you so much for the assistance :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.