Error in uploading "cannot put"

Hi everyone!
I’m really new to creating websites and this is my first attempt for a uni project. I have used dreamweaver to create my site and have connected to the infinityfree server fine, but when trying to “put” my files I get the following message.

img_page.html - Transferring
img_pg2.html - Transferring
img_pg3.html - Transferring
index.html - Transferring
/media - error occurred - Unable to create server folder /media. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
styles.css - Transferring
img_pg2.html - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put img_pg2.html. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
img_pg3.html - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put img_pg3.html. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
img_page.html - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put img_page.html. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
styles.css - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put styles.css. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.
index.html - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put index.html. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.

File activity incomplete. 6 file(s) or folder(s) were not completed.

File Transfer failed due to following reasons:

• Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.

Files with errors: 6
/media
img_pg2.html
img_pg3.html
img_page.html
styles.css
index.html

my account is
epiz_26067904

I hope someone can give me some insight or any ideas to help, im hoping its an easy issue to fix. its also important to note that while my website is very basic, it contains 3 mp4 videos

thanks so much !!!

Kindly read this official Dreamweaver article:

This article shows pre & post solutions.

If you cant connect your server to the Dreamweaver as stated above, maybe it is due to a maintenance of InfinityFree servers. Also kindly read this official InfinityFree announcement:

Thanks that dreamweaver article was very helpful and I’ve been able to upload a majority of my site now but I’m still getting the following error message only for my mp4 files.

Connected to nonono.
img_page.html - same - not transferred
img_pg2.html - same - not transferred
img_pg3.html - same - not transferred
index.html - same - not transferred
media\door-see-through-hole.jpg - same - not transferred
media\plzwork.mp4 - error occurred - Access denied. The file may not exist locally, may be open in another program, or there could be a local permission problem.
media\plzwork2.mp4 - error occurred - Access denied. The file may not exist locally, may be open in another program, or there could be a local permission problem.
media\plzwork3.mp4 - error occurred - Access denied. The file may not exist locally, may be open in another program, or there could be a local permission problem.
styles.css - same - not transferred

File activity incomplete. 3 file(s) or folder(s) were not completed.
Files skipped: 6
Files with errors: 3
media\plzwork.mp4
media\plzwork2.mp4
media\plzwork3.mp4

How big are your MP4 files?

There is a file upload limit of 10MB per file upload.

If your MP4 files are too big (exceeds 10 MB), the system will automatically delete it because of the file upload limit. Consider use other storage or cloud or streaming sites to upload it there.

You can host your videos on Youtube and use it on your site.

2 Likes

This totally went over my head they were all way over 10mb, I’ve compressed them now and I think its worked. Thanks again for your help

1 Like

You are welcome! Im glad i helped! Good Luck!

Btw what are purpose of MP4 files? Please note that file storage/sharing is not allowed.

1 Like

Im a video student and I just wanted to create a website for a concept that consists of 3 videos as a different/interactive way of presenting my work. Theres no file storage/sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also im having another slight issue,
I’ve been able to upload the files and I can see them in my htdocs, but on my website they’re not appearing. I’ve boiled this down to the site taking some time to update, can anyone confirm if this is most likely the case?

1 Like

yes, just like me, i experiencing FTP glitches and bugs. Maybe we are affected to the maintenance.

Still we dont know when it will be finished upgrading since the Admin didnt post an update

1 Like

I see ! ok thanks fingers crossed its resolved soon

The servers are still being migrated. But if your website is visible, then all FTP and web traffic would be dead. If you can upload a file but don’t see it on your website, you’re definitely not affected by this outage.

What do you mean by “they’re not appearing” exactly? What do you see? Can you open the videos if you open them directly in your browser?

1 Like

I mean theres nothing appearing in the place they should be. The pages have text but no video at all

How long will my site take to update once I’ve synchronised changes? I think I fixed it because I was able to see the video for one second on my website but then it went back to normal

That still doesn’t clarify anything really. Can you share the URL of the page where the video doesn’t load?

Sites update as soon as you save the file. However, due to cache in your browser, your browser may not check the site on the server. You can try to open your website in private browsing mode to circumvent that cache.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.