ERROR: The domain name is already added to a hosting account on our platform. Please remove your dom

Hello,

I’ve just registered my domain name with Go Daddy and I am being presented with this error: The domain name is already added to a hosting account on our platform. Please remove your domain name from other free hosting providers and try again.

I’d appreciate if anyone knew what the problem might be as I am now unable to register for Infinity Free services.

Thank You
Abe

Hi there,

Have you already contacted your domain provider about it? If you just registered it, it may probably need to wait for some time to propagate… Try to add it once again later, at least 1- 3 hours @PCS-MHCLG

If there’s anything else, reach out then. Chat soon.

@PCS-MHCLG said:
Hello,

I’ve just registered my domain name with Go Daddy and I am being presented with this error: The domain name is already added to a hosting account on our platform. Please remove your domain name from other free hosting providers and try again.

I’d appreciate if anyone knew what the problem might be as I am now unable to register for Infinity Free services.

Thank You
Abe

What is the domain?
It is possible that the domain was taken and hosted here before and the domain was expired so you can register it but since it was not removed from the associated account here, you must wait 90 days if the account was inactive so it can be automatically removed or try contacting the previous owner of the domain to try asking them to remove it.

@PCS-MHCLG said:
Hello,

Thank You
Abe

I could check for you where the domain name is hosted, but I would need to know the domain name to check that.

Alternatively, if you have less than three active accounts, you can try to create a new hosting account for the domain instead. The errors from the create account screen are a bit more specific than the ones from the control panel.

@Admin said:

@PCS-MHCLG said:
Hello,

Thank You
Abe

I could check for you where the domain name is hosted, but I would need to know the domain name to check that.

Alternatively, if you have less than three active accounts, you can try to create a new hosting account for the domain instead. The errors from the create account screen are a bit more specific than the ones from the control panel.

@PlanetGamingGG said:

@PCS-MHCLG said:
What is the domain?
It is possible that the domain was taken and hosted here before and the domain was expired so you can register it but since it was not removed from the associated account here, you must wait 90 days if the account was inactive so it can be automatically removed or try contacting the previous owner of the domain to try asking them to remove it.

I have no idea who the previous owner would have been. I’ve left it overnight but still getting the same error. the domain is pcsclg.org.uk - I created a new account on infinity free last night just for that domain as it is being used for my trade union branch website. This is the error I’m getting when I try to create a hosting account but when I change the name servers it says that the name servers aren’t pointing to Infinity Free. Any ideas on what the problem is? And how to fix it?

ThanksAbe

I just checked pcsclg.org.uk and the domain is both pointing to the right nameservers and not hosted anywhere right now, so you should be able to add it without any problems. Do you still experience this problem?

@Admin said:
I just checked pcsclg.org.uk and the domain is both pointing to the right nameservers and not hosted anywhere right now, so you should be able to add it without any problems. Do you still experience this problem?

Just tried again and still got the error? Is there something I’m doing wrong?

@PCS-MHCLG said:

@Admin said:

Screen Shot 2018 08 15 at 07 43 36 hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB

Did you use a different hosting provider before?
If yes, then what’s the name?

@UnknownLolz said:

@PCS-MHCLG said:

@Admin said:

Again, the domain is not in use anywhere as far as I can tell. And the error message the client area gets back from the hosting system makes no sense at all. I’m going to check with iFastNet why this happens.

@UnknownLolz said:

@PCS-MHCLG said:

@Admin said:

It’s a brand new domain hosted with GoDaddy, I only purchased it a couple of days ago, I’ve never hosted it with anyone.

@Admin said:

@UnknownLolz said:

@PCS-MHCLG said:

@Admin said:

Again, the domain is not in use anywhere as far as I can tell. And the error message the client area gets back from the hosting system makes no sense at all. I’m going to check with iFastNet why this happens.

Thank you, that’s such a great help. Please do keep me updated as I’m keen to get working on the site soon, you’ve been great support!

@Admin said:

@UnknownLolz said:

@PCS-MHCLG said:

@Admin said:

Not sure if you contacted iFastNet but just tried it again for the third time this morning and suddenly, it has worked! Thank you all for your support with this, Infinity Free is such a great hosting provider!!

@PCS-MHCLG said:

@Admin said:

@UnknownLolz said:

@PCS-MHCLG said:

@Admin said:

Not sure if you contacted iFastNet but just tried it again for the third time this morning and suddenly, it has worked! Thank you all for your support with this, Infinity Free is such a great hosting provider!!

Yep, I got confirmation from iFastNet that they fixed it. They weren’t very specific about what exactly went wrong, but I’m glad the issue has been resolved.