Error: You don't have permission to access /panel/indexpl.php on this server

Username: epiz_27826524

imaginationbooksonline. com

Error Message

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /panel/indexpl. php on this server.

Other Information

I am getting this error above when trying to redirect

I am trying to redirect from imaginationbooksonline.com to https://usborne.com/gb/organiser/imagination_books

cPanel > Redirects > Set the domain

Those are the steps I followed but it gives this error above once I input the target domain. Seems like this error has come up before on forums here.

Can you show me the error that you get?

Once I enter the target domain and click “Redirect it” button it just displays a white page with the 403 forbidden error. - " Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /panel/indexpl.php on this server."

I just tried to set up that redirect on your account and I didn’t get any errors like that.

I see a lot of people recently reporting similar errors in some control panel sections. But any time I try it myself, it just works. I have no idea why it would work for me but not for you.

3 Likes

Are the permissions on indexpl.php set to 754 or 755?

Do you access it through the inxedpl.php page?

Yes, I set the redirects to the control panel, which means it went through the indexpl.php entry point.

I appreciate you’re willing to help think of possible explanations, and I do know that bad file permissions can cause 403 Forbidden errors.

But if file permissions in the control panel code would be the problem, then the entire control panel would be down for everyone. I think we’d all notice if that was the case.

Similar issues have occurred in the past due to mod_security, a Web Application Firewall implemented to protect the control panel against hacking. Some URLs or payloads can be incorrectly detected as malicious and trigger a block, which is shown as a 403 Forbidden page.

If that’s the case, we can fix it. But to fix it, we need to know which parameters cause the block.

1 Like

Yeah! When i tried it worked for me aswell

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.