escapeshellcmd() has been disabled for security reasons

escapeshellcmd() has been disabled for security reasons how can i fix it?

Hello
as the message says it is disabled for security reasons
you can tell us what you want to do so we can tell you workaround

I installed the HumHub social software and when i was testing the join option in the login display show this info. U can try acessing http://brunojosue.rf.gd and inset a random email in sing up

if some application uses escapeshellcmd it should be rewritten

because it has a lot of vulnerabilities

if I remember well
I can say that the software should use SMTP instead of mail()
and then will not throw a error

@BrunoJ said:
escapeshellcmd() has been disabled for security reasons how can i fix it?

escapeshellarg or escapeshellcmd both are used to passing shell argument(s). For example, you want to list current directory,
I don’t know there is Such a problem with Hosting coding may also cause problem or asking help from developers or double check directories, does all folder and files are present, reinstalling or modifying code may also solve your problem!

escapeshellcmd is a PHP function used when executing shell commands on a system. However, such commands are blocked on InfinityFree for security reasons, so all functions related to shell commands are disabled as well.

I’m not that familiar with HumHub, but if it uses this function, it either tries to execute shell commands (which is not possible anyways) or they just use a function completely out of context, which would just be an example of poor code.

@Admin said:
escapeshellcmd is a PHP function used when executing shell commands on a system. However, such commands are blocked on InfinityFree for security reasons, so all functions related to shell commands are disabled as well.

I’m not that familiar with HumHub, but if it uses this function, it either tries to execute shell commands (which is not possible anyways) or they just use a function completely out of context, which would just be an example of poor code.

Will you create a page with limitation and Advantages ?

ahhh ok, Thank you guys! Its helps a lot!

@Ranakhas said:

@Admin said:

Limitations and advantages of what?

@Admin said:

@Ranakhas said:

@Admin said:

I mean which PHP Extension is available and which is not, it’s make easy for developer to make scripts by understanding availability of extensions!

@Ranakhas said:

@Admin said:

@Ranakhas said:

@Admin said:

I mean which PHP Extension is available and which is not, it’s make easy for developer to make scripts by understanding availability of extensions!

Pretty much all core PHP extensions are available. However, anything related to shell commands is disabled. You can check the output of phpinfo() to view all settings and extensions.