Every other day, FTP does not work properly

why?

always “could not read line from socket”

Can you follow the template? URL, anything helpful?

Also, can you try using FileZilla and providing your IP address (Found in Client area).
Thanks

185.27.134.100 and 102

FileZilla: waiting for greeting message - does not work either

Can you provide a URL?
Thanks

It is not public (robots.txt).

Any private messages here?

robots.txt only prevents bots, not humans. I can send you a private message if you don’t want to display your URL publically.

Is FTP not working properly or is the file manager not working properly? Did you try connecting with another FTP client?

it is FTP

file manager usually works after reloading

but in this case neither file manager nor FileZilla (see third post) work

Can you copy the full logs from FileZilla?
Thanks

1 Like

FileZilla does not seem to log by default. Hope I will get it next time.

But it is fortunately not every other day anymore :slightly_smiling_face: I might have to correct the title …
Guess, I just got a bad start and it is better in general. Hope so!

That’s why I wrote this guide:

1 Like
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message…
Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Could not connect to server
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message…
Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Could not connect to server

That’s the wrong IP. It should be “185.27.134.11”

Try replacing “ftpupload.net” with “ftp.epizy.com” or “185.27.134.11”

3 Likes

Unknown certificate error!

Low security!

@ Admin:
Would you mind replacing the hostname by the above IP on the main account page?

Response: 421 Timeout - try typing a little faster next time
Error: GnuTLS error -110 in gnutls_record_recv: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
Error: Could not read from socket: ECONNABORTED - Connection aborted
Error: Disconnected from server

Im not sure what you mean, but 185.27.134.11 is the correct IP. It cannot be changed. You can use “ftp.epizy.com”, or just ignore the warning.

:22 would be safer and produce less warnings I guess …

Using Monsta might be “no hassle” - you just do not see all the warnings …

:22 is for sFTP, IF uses FTP.

Of course it is. The certificate is valid for ftpupload.net. That the hostname of our FTP sever, so that’s the domain name that’s in the SSL certificate.

But if something on your device or network is hijacking your DNS and rerouting ftpupload.net to somewhere else, then you can’t use that hostname to connect to our FTP server.

Indeed it is low security, but that’s what you get when something on your end is interfering with your network connectivity. So you either need to accept the certificate for the other domain, or identify and eradicate whatever misguided or malicious system is preventing you from connecting to our FTP server in the intended way. When you have something like that on your end, security basically goes out the window.

Perhaps you could try using a neutral DNS resolver like Google Public DNS or Cloudflare’s 1.1.1.1 service instead? That would make it a lot harder for an ISP to hijack your DNS request and return the wrong IP address.

Yes, I do mind that. The FTP hostname is not an account specific attribute, and ftpupload.net is the FTP hostname everyone should be using at all times. I’m not going to tell everyone to use a different, less secure value because some overzealous virus scanner on your end is blocking access to it.

1 Like

Thank you for all your messages, replies, solutions!
Appreciate that!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.