This is what I see

xn–lnj
that is xn then – (dash dash) then lnj
again xn–lnj.ml that is xn(dashdash)lnj.ml

here:

No issue

You need to set domain to correct nameservers

1 Like

Right. Here is my original message: I get an error message which itself is false.

The error message is : “This domain name is not registered, we can register this domain name for you.”

You have an Internationalized Domain Name.

Are you trying to add it as an Addon domain or a parked domain?

2 Likes

Hello. Yes.
As written at the begining :
Hello in my control panel I can add on domain such
exemple.ga or exemple.cf or exemple.gq but when I try to add exemple.ml I get an error message which itself is false.

The error message is : “This domain name is not registered, we can register this domain name for you.”
Yet the domain is duly registered. I believe at this time there is a technical bug in adding addon domain such as exemple.ml.
Can someone look into this please so I can host the domain exemple.ml
This same problem showed up for different domains. Always the above error message which is erroneous for exemple.ml.

So this issue with example.ml is not related to IDN since thhe control panel accepted xn–lnj.ga, xn–lnj.cf, xn–lnj.gq and other of such different idn I tried.

I don’t know what is going on, but what I do know is that the domain xn–lnj.ml is not registered with Freenom.

Is the account pending payment? Suspended? Something got typed wrong?

Everything I see shows the domain does not exist, so the message in the control panel is correct. I don’t know what else to say besides check with Freenom, the issue is on their end.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your help. Appreciated.
See my above screenshot to answer your questions: "xn–lnj.ml is not registered with Freenom. Is the account pending payment? Suspended? Something got typed wroIs the account pending payment? Suspended? Something got typed wrong?

Again my original message: This same problem showed up for different domains. Always the above error message which is erroneous for exemple.ml.
(meaning not wih .gq .cf .ga)

Hello. I am challenging your report that xn–lnj.ml is not registered as being incorrect.
See attached screenshots.

1. from my phone logged out from freenom

It is registered.

Always refresh the page a couple of times, because Freenom’s WHOIS can erroneously give that error.

I also receive the same message (This domain name is not registered, we can register this domain name for you.) on the Control Panel (by trying to add Addon and Parked Domain).
I would say to try creating a new hosting account, but when I tried creating one on the Client Area:

I could be wrong, but I don’t think you are able to create an account (or add to an existing one) with the domains you want.

4 Likes

Do not challenge us. You should confront Freenom. This issue is on their end.
Freenom always have this kind of flareup once in a while. This is not within our control

3 Likes

You can challenge the report if you want, but we are not going to change what we tell you. Our answer stays the same.

If you don’t believe us, please provide evidence that proves your are correct.

3 Likes

Sorry for not replying earlier but I had to wait 24 hours.
I do not want defiance or fight as help. Dont fight with me please I am not fighting here.
I challenged one of your report as incorrect and documented that.
Here is one example above : “Thank you very much for your help. Appreciated.
See my above screenshot to answer your questions: (…)”
If you personally felt challenged I am very sorry about that.
Every time I came back here for a reply I documented what I wrote.
Here is my last reply I could not sent yesterday.
"Alright. There are two different issues.

1. using your service with IDN
  2. using an .ml domain
    I am here addressing the second one.
    With your service you can not open an account using an IDN as main domain for the newly created account. this is a known issue.
    Again in my original message:
    “Hello in my control panel I can add on domain such exemple.ga or exemple.cf or exemple.gq but when I try to add exemple.ml I get an error message which itself is false.”
    So this 2nd issue is for add on domain after the main account has been created and this issue still stands.
    I just tried addon domain with ‘testinginfinity.ml’ and you get the same false error message. “This domain name is not registered, we can register this domain name for you.” So this error message is not IDN related - I did register ‘testinginfinity.ml’ yesterday.

Freenom whois throws an error because probably dot.ml has a problem

When I make a whois for any ml domain, I get that it is not registered, including mine,
which means that Freenom whois is currently not recommended to use.

Probably for the same reason the hosting Control Panel throws the problem.

You will have to wait for Freenom to correct their problem

Or use something other than .ml

4 Likes

Hello. I do not know there is a problem with freenom on this point now and here. Might, might not in this current case.
One thing is clear you can host IDN.
You can also host idn.ga
This you can verify here http://ⵣ.net hosted with you.
And here http://ⵣ.ga - which is an IDN Freenom domain hosted with you.
I suggest you correct the post in your forum where a freeinfinity moderator writes that add on domain as IDN can “maybe” be hosted. It does not look too professional that you can maybe host. I believe it easy to find out and professional to state whether you do it or not do it.
Per my observations you can do it. So when verified by you you should state so.

Per my observations and data at hands;
The issue of the error message that .ml domain is not registered (data being false) is coming from freeinfinity side.
testinginfinity.ml is now hosted with you.
xn–lnj.ml still is reported with false error message above. I reckon when the xn–lnj.ml dns is fully propagated that it will add to the control panel as testinginfinity.ml just did.
So the error message is false and should just be that the domain.ml is not pointed to the byet name server (not yet propagated.)

Almost all whois tools reported that the domain was not registered

because Freenom had/or has problems with his whois

even now, if you try to do whois here for .ml, only 1 in 15 attempts, it will give you the correct status (that the domain exists).

That’s why I suggested to the other participants in this topic that this tool should be avoided
and this is also the reason why the Control Panel is unable to retrieve the actual state of the .ml domain.

Simply Freenom ( their responsible servers or www.dot.ml) often replies that the domain is not registered
because they have problems with dot ml.

and then, of course, our control panel sees it and tells you the same.

5 Likes