External Domain Suspended

The first question, you’re gonna have to ask your registrar.

If it does, you have a horrible domain registrar. The company you got the domain from should allow you full control over your domain, if they don’t, transfer it and give someone else your money.

The iframe is in the code to your website, possibly put there by your registar. Once you change your nameservers to epizy ones, you will have full control over your files (And the iframe will go away).

5 Likes

Give them your money instead, you would have full control.

If its not from the registrar what is then the reason my Domain got suspended? (Anyway people can connect (and i can on my phone) but not on my pc so that’s already fixed

Currently, nothing is suspended, and your custom domain is redirecting to your free subdomain.

5 Likes

I added my domain to a Parked domain.
It works but if i connect to the site it will also send me to my free subdomain.
That is not right i guess?

This is the intended behaviour

5 Likes

Ok,

I read that article.

Is there a way to connect my Domain to the same website as my subdomain without showing my Subdomain when connected?

Yes. You probably have a redirect setup somewhere. Can you share the contents of your .htaccess files?

3 Likes

Here is my .htacces (all i can see)

# BEGIN WordPress
# The directives (lines) between "BEGIN WordPress" and "END WordPress" are
# dynamically generated, and should only be modified via WordPress filters.
# Any changes to the directives between these markers will be overwritten.
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress

What you want is known as “URL Masking”. “URL Masking” is usually done with a HTML page on the domain name which shows the target URL in an iframe. This used to work fine in the past, but with browser security getting increasingly improved, this will not work anymore.

1 Like

Are there any alternatives for me?

Due to security concerns. This is not a good practice

3 Likes

Ok, so i have to find another way.

But what can i do?
can i just change the domainname of the website or something?

Yes, you also need to change from parked to an addon domain

4 Likes

Sure i added the domain as Addon and removed it as Parked,
So what do i have to do now?

Move contents and database from free subdomain to custom domain.
Read below

4 Likes

Ok,

I tried this and i’m pretty sure i messed up.
If i connect to my main domain i will come at: Directory Listing.
When i connect to my subdomain, it simply won’t work

Vimexx is fine as a domain provider. I have some domains with them as well. No need to switch if you’re happy with them.

The reason bartrietdijk.nl is showing a directory listing is because you moved the folders (wp-content/wp-admin/wp-includes) from the old folder to the new one, but didn’t include the loose files from the main folder.

And bartsblogs.lovestoblog.com is not working because the wp-includes folder seems to be missing entirely.

If you try again to move all the files from the main htdocs folder to the bartrietdijk.nl/htdocs/ folder, your custom domain should work.

5 Likes

Yep,

I think i have to start all over again,
my dumb brain just removed the entire htdocs folder (the insides of it) and the wp-admin folder.
It ain’t a big deal to start all over tbh.
But what is the best way to start all over? :sweat_smile: