Failed Bragging Attempt

So I just found InfinityFree.net a few days ago and decided to give it a shot. I put together a custom website a few years back but have not had any hosting to use it on.

Anyways, I uploaded some test files yesterday (June 29th) and was more than pleased.

I made several changes, uploading new files and refreshing the page all with no problems. How can this be? How can I be getting free hosting and have no problems?

I decided to pull up my site on mobile to show it off to a friend and what do you think happened?

“Server Not Found”

Crap!

Since I am new, I am curious as to the frequency and duration of these outages.

My site is https://mostever.epizy.com and the ip is 185.27.134.149

It is nice just to have a server to do some sandbox testing but it would also be nice to potentially send people to the site eventually as well.

I am not complaining by the way. Free is always appreciated. Just wanted to shared and inquire.

I can see your website is live.

Try:

• Clear cache
  • Or use another network
6 Likes

Yeah, I just tried loading it through the cellular network and it loads fine. Loaded fine last night through my isp but today I believe my isp is blocking it. I did just get the ssl activated on it. I will try to deactivate it and see it that works then scratch my head some more no matter what happens.

Thanks for the response. It is helpful.

2 Likes

So I know this is the informal section and my topic sort of strayed into the grey area of the support topics. In any case, I have a feeling that propagation was my issue but it is still strange. I updated my site and wrote a little test post explaining a little of the situation.

I will continue to work on my site and enjoy the services provided. I will give it a few days to see how it all shakes out. I am sure I made a few mistakes but I am going to give it time before I make any more changes within my control panel.

Any ways, if anyone is willing, I wouldn’t turn down advise or opinions on my site design. I am mostly happy with it but will likely make more tweaks before posting “real” content.

https://mostever.epizy.com/

1 Like

This is what your encountering:

3 Likes

Hi.

your website is good
just 3 points to notice
1: the site is giving and error message
2: the speed of your site | Which is very good on desktop, but slower on mobile
3: I would add Images to your text boxs, to enhance the design
“You never get a second chance to make a first impression”
iv included an example to one of my sites.
Good luck.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your input. Yeah, I am having issues with the ssl. The current content is temporary filler left over from the original design. I am currently working on the next iteration which should be closer to the final edit.

2 Likes

Thats good well done
i wouldnt bother with any ssl…

1 Like

If you have a certificate on the server, you can set up Cloudflare to use SSL”Full” mode. If you don’t have a certificate on the server, you can use “Flexable” (Although not as secure, it still works.)

The issue seems to be that one of our nameservers doesn’t serve the right data for your domain. We currently use three different IP addresses for nameservers, and one of them is not returning any IP address for your subdomain.

One quick way to fix this yourself is to just remove the domain from the account and add then it again. That will force new settings to be created, which should fix this issue.

3 Likes

I will give this a try once I finish my next theme iteration.

Well, that might have something to do with it. I went to the filemanager to take a look around and it is empty. No files at all. Before you ask, no I did not delete them and I do not use ftp. I have not been in the filemanager for days. I guess my only options now are to start from scratch.

Wait, I found my files here.

Never used this link before. Why/how are there two different locations for files and why are my original files now in a different place?

1 Like

The “Files” link next to the subdomain is an easy button which connects you to the htdocs folder of that specific domain. So instead of having to use the main File Manager button and then looking for the folder yourself, you just click that button and can start editing right away!

This option isn’t new though. It has been there for years, but it looks a bit different with a design update of the client area.

But in your case, it does look like all files and directories are gone, so neither button will show anything. I don’t know what happened, but it seems very unlikely that you’ll be able to restore your files. So I also think you’ll probably have to start over.

1 Like

Bots are visitors too!

1 Like

The first picture of the “empty” file manager is from clicking the “file manager” button or the “online file manager” from within the control panel. However when I click the “files” button from the image above I have access to my files like this.

All my files are there, so I have no idea what is going on. Any ideas? Anyone? Delete everything including domain and user account and start from scratch? Give up and eat some potato chips? :joy:

Oh, and my site is back up again. Not sure for how long but both the secure and unsecure version loaded just before I logged into the forums.

I have this same problem too.

Backup the files and restore them.

Well, the files are unimportant to me as I have all of them on my computer and they are simply for theme testing. The real issue is that I apparently have two different file managers, one empty and one full. On top of that, my site randomly appears and disappears.

Again, I am not really ranting about a free service, I was really just sharing a situation and if a solution manifests, I’ll take it.

I understand free services are intended to lead to upgrades, but if the free service does not perform, that looks poorly on the premium service imo.

1 Like

I’ve been told that this was caused by a security update gone wrong. iFastNet is aware of the issue and is working on it.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.