File manager error: 421 Home directory not available - aborting

Hello InfinityFree users,
At this time, there seams to be an error with accessing FTP software for new accounts. The error message shown is:

421 Home directory not available - aborting

This means that new accounts are not getting set up with the server system correctly.

Please wait for this problem to be fixed, and in the meantime, please do not create any new topics on this subject.

Thanks.

Hello everyone, just going to add to this saying that this IS a known issue and will be fixed. There is no need to upgrade to premium (unless you want it working immediately).
Thanks.

I created a new account and I cannot access my file system via FTP or built in file manager.(i double checked login credentials)
i created a second account to see if the first account was corrupted some how but i got the same error message.

ERRROR MESSAGE: 421 Home directory not available - aborting

(other information and details relevant to your question)

~ Username: epiz_28631290;
~ Domain: killerguri.pt;

Hello! Well, I’m trying to create my first website on InfinityFree, but I’m having some problems with FTP. I cannot connect to FTP due to error 421 (“Home directory not available”). I was wondering how I can solve this, I tried to recreate an account but it didn’t.

Note: I am using the custom domain “killerguri.pt”.

Welcome @gurizera, your issue is related to the one below.

File manager error: 421 Home directory not available - aborting - #2 by Greenreader9

2 Likes

What’s going on today, the cases opened yesterday can be accessed to FTP, but the cases opened today cannot access FTP

Most likely this is part of the internal issue that is happening. It is beyond our fixes; You will have to wait.

I cant login to fail manager.
Error! FTP Authentication failed.

When you use the ftp command on Windows or Linux, please try to login with it and check if the server is sending you the following error message after login fails

If it is the case, you’ll have to upgrade to premium just for this as only InfinityFree staff can deal with the issue.

Please read the 20+ topics on the same issue before creating one.

1 Like

Cant login to file mnager FTP

421 : Root directory issue

what i found was there is a space in between root path , tried deleting and creating a new account , samme issue arises. cant login to file manager or FTP

We’ll just have to wait this is related with their server we can’t do much

5 Likes

Thanks

epiz_28630660

sedkicherif.com

Everytime I enter login credentials I see this error message:
Error - FTP authentification failed.
When I try different credentials it shows this one:
Error - Too many incorrect login attempts, Please try again after 5 minutes.

1 Like

When you use the ftp command on Windows or Linux, please try to login with it and check if the server is sending you the following error message after login fails

If it’s the case, you’ll have to upgrade to premium just for this as only InfinityFree staff can deal with the issue.

This is an internal issue. Please read the 20+ topics first before creating one.

3 Likes

No, the password is correct am pretty sure.
I still couldn’t figure this out

I didn’t read your post correctly, @TigerMANEK426 is correct, I think this is related to the server error.

my website bloxcafe.ml’s filemanager AND cpanel havent been working for like 3 hours now.