File manager error: 421 Home directory not available - aborting

You can’t fix it its a server Side error Infinity free cant create root folders but you can still access old accounts ftps because they already has root folder which created before without any trouble.

1 Like

I too got the same response but I saw a person saying that it’s a mistake from their server side and it will be solved :grimacing: But I don’t know when.
I anyones problem got solved them please ping me

In case staff are monitoring this thread and fixing these problems on an account-by-account basis, I am getting the same problem with the new account I created yesterday. Everything works fine, except for connecting to FTP, which gives “421 Home directory not available - aborting”, even when I try connecting directly to “/htdocs”.

I just hope that as Greenreader9 said, it will be resolved shortly.

Hey @SirMandorallen, does this mean softaculous works for you?
Thanks.

I had not checked yet, but it does not seem to work, I get: “Something went wrong, please allow 20 minutes then retry”.

If I try to configure PHP, I get: “Configure php directives It appears the document root for the domain name does not exist, please contact support 89347349288”.

1 Like

The “421 Home directory not available - aborting” error now seems to be gone, and instead I’m getting a timeout like this person Various system issues (DNS, SSL, FTP, etc.) starting May 15 - #3 by YT_Xaos

Why can’t my file management work anymore

1 Like
4 Likes

Apparently the issues mentioned in the pinned post are resolved, but I am still getting this error: “421 Home directory not available - aborting.”

What FTP Sofware are you using?

Yes, all is solved (supposedly) from the system outage.

FileZilla is the one that gave me the error, but the online file manager says there’s a login issue (I’m now at too many failed login attempts), and Transmit just says that the server closed the connection.

I changed my account (FTP) passsword, but I get the same error.

Let me take a look and see what happens on my end. You may want to try restarting your computer.

EDIT: All works for me; so, it is something on your end. Try restarting or seeing if the issue is also on another device.

Still no luck:

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message…
Command: USER epiz_28636651
Response: 331 User epiz_28636651 OK. Password required
Command: PASS ***************
Response: 421 Home directory not available - aborting
Error: Could not connect to server
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message…
Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
Response: 220-You are user number 300 of 6900 allowed.
Response: 220-Local time is now 15:25. Server port: 21.
Response: 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 60 seconds of inactivity.
Command: AUTH TLS
Response: 234 AUTH TLS OK.
Command: USER epiz_28636651
Response: 331 User epiz_28636651 OK. Password required
Command: PASS ***************
Response: 421 Home directory not available - aborting
Error: Could not connect to server

Hm, hopefully Admin will be able to tell you what is going on. :thinking:

1 Like

Hello everyone,
It looks like this FTP problem has been fixed.

• I know I was getting the 421 Home directory not available but now I am not getting that error anymore :man_shrugging:.

• I also know I was getting the Error: could not read line from socket but I believe that has been solved now.

Thank you iFastNet and InfinityFree. Y’all rock!

4 Likes

Lucky you, it’s still not working for me. I’ll probably try creating a new account when I have the time, in case that works (my current account was created during the server issues, so it might need manual intervention).

Maybe try a different device.

Given that I’m able to authenticate, but then have no home directory, and that the online file manager does not work, I doubt a different device would help.

I created a new account and that does work: I have FTP access. I will just delete the one that doesn’t work and use the new one instead. I just have to redo the MySQL and SSL configuration.

1 Like

MySQL you can export from the old site and import to the new one. You just will just have to change the database name to the one of the new site.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.