File manager FTP authentication failed on one account

My website URL is: coronaupdated.epizy.com

What I’m seeing is: An error upon trying to login to file manager due to failed FTP authentication. I checked the password under the FTP details and changed it twice without any different results.

I’m using this software: I am using InfinityFree’s file manager

Additional information: The issue is only happening on this particular account which already had another problem with activation due to an outage. I am able to access other websites’ files through the file manager.

Did you check this article already?

https://infinityfree.net/support/i-cannot-connect-to-ftp/

Note that it doesn’t say you should use the file manager. The file manager uses the same FTP server and login details as you would when you’re connecting to the FTP server yourself. If you get an authentication error, then so will the file manager.

2 Likes

Command: USER epiz_25479925
Response: 331 User epiz_25479925 OK. Password required
Command: PASS *********
Response: 421 Home directory not available - aborting
Error: Could not connect to server

This is the log from filezilla after having established a connection with the FTP server. I am not sure if it has to do with credentials now.

You’re right, this is not an issue with the credentials. It appears that your account was corrupted. This has happened during the outage of last Tuesday, where many accounts were severely delayed in their setup, and quite a few accounts were not setup correctly at all.

Unfortunately, there is no way for you to fix the account. But you can remove the domain from this account, deactivate this account and create a new account with the same domain. Since the platform is working normally now, the new account should be set up quickly and correctly.

1 Like

Thank you. I will try this then.

I am now able to access the FTP server. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.