File problem

Yes thank you, I did find some, it was under settings:
Users
Muted:
Fury_Phoenix
Suppress all notifications from these users.

I guess that rules out a lot then, any ecommerce digital catalog, softaculous has several ecommerce apps, drupal, joomla and wordpress also have ecommerce modules for digital commerce products, any sort of photogallery, say for artwork or a travel blog …

I think you are not familiar with OSCmax… the default install calls the products folder “downloads”. When you look you probably saw that folder, a clips folder and a images folder … primarily because they are part of the catalog, which would NOT reinstall… and to save a gig of data to upload again. On reinstalling the catalog, those folders are linked and do become part of the catalog site structure. But no matter … it is what it is.

As far as any “accusations”… just stating a fact… your “unlimited” policy actaully is NOT unlimited, it does have limits.

Concerning service… well, just read the forums … it seems that many people have all sorts of problems and quite a few the same as I ran into, php limits, ftp timeouts, and in general lots of stuff not installing or working at all.

However it was all quite educational and basically not much use, as well I don’t care to spend more time trying to get items to work that clearly will not or frequently might quit … so please be so kind as to delete the account if you will. Thank you.

I will repeat for the last time: ecommerce sites and download sites are not the same. You can sell products without offering digital downloads. And you can sell digital downloads without violating the terms of use of the underlying hosting, by using a proper file sharing service.

We don’t ban ecommerce sites, we don’t ban software with ecommerce functionality and we don’t ban digital download stores. What we do ban is using our website hosting service for file distribution.

I’m sorry, but what is the point you’re trying to make with this? I didn’t check your account or the files in it.

Every service which is unlimited has some sort of fair usage policy or restriction limiting what you can do with it. Premium hosting with “unlimited” storage and bandwidth also use servers with finite disks and finite capacity network connections, which will limit how much you can actually use it. A mobile provider offering an “unlimited” data transfer plan will throttle you at some point. An “unlimited” buffet at a restaurant won’t let you bag up all the food they have for you to take home.

You may consider this false advertising. But these kinds of unlimited offers are common in many industries and have been used for decades. I’m not aware of any law or litigation saying that this is not allowed.

InfinityFree has many users, and most of them seem quite happy with the service. But
this is a community support forum, and the main support channel for InfinityFree. Everyone who has any issue will probably post it here. People typically don’t post here saying “everything is working fine, I don’t need any help”. So if you use the number of issue reports on a support forum as a measurement of the quality of a service, and assume that any issue that anyone has is experienced by everyone, then any service is going to look really bad.

And in many cases, the thing that doesn’t work isn’t even a hosting problem to begin with, but a network issue on the user’s end or a problem with the software or configuration.

InfinityFree has many users. You just don’t hear much from people whose websites just work, and only hear from the small group who need help.

Please check the client area for more information on how to delete your account. Like it says in the client area, we don’t delete accounts on request.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.