[FIXED] 403 Forbidden errors and Empty File Manager

403 Forbidden / Access Denied errors and Empty File Manager

Starting a few hours ago, there seems to be an issue with the hosting platform that renders many websites inaccessible.

Which components are affected by this issue

Many websites are affected. Given the symptoms, it is likely related to storage, but so far I’ve been unable to pinpoint it to a specific hosting volume.

What issues may you see

On your website, you may see errors like:

• 403 Forbidden

In your file manager and FTP, your account will appear empty.

When will this issue be resolved

We are doing our best to get these issues resolved as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we don’t have enough details to tell how soon that will be.

What can you do to fix this

At this time, there are no known workarounds.

We are aware of the issue and are doing our best to get this resolved as soon as possible.

I completely understand that this may cause confusion and you will have additional questions. I am happy to provide any information I have to help you.

However, to keep the contents of this topic clean, clear and concise, I ask that you carefully read the Outage Communication Rules before posting.

In a nutshell:

• Please keep the posts about the outage in this topic, and all posts not about this outage outside of this topic.
  • Please post relevant questions only that have not been answered yet. It may be compelling to ask obvious questions like “when will this be fixed”, but basic information like that will be put in this message as soon as we know it.
  • Please carefully check the known symptoms and affected components.
    • If you are on the affected components, you are almost certainly affected by the outage. If so, please refrain from simply stating you are affected, it does not help get your service back up faster.
    • If you are not on the affected components but do experience all of the symptoms, please say so below so we can check if our list is incomplete.
    • If you do not experience all listed issues and are not on the components that are known to be affected, the issue you are experiencing is most likely not related to this outage. If so, please create a new topic in the Hosting Support category and describe the issue there.
  • If you say you are affected by the outage, please always include your website URL. I can’t check if you are affected by the outage if you don’t say which of your websites is affected.

Posts that do not follow these rules may be deleted without warning. This is to help ensure that all the relevant information is easily available to everyone reading this topic.

4 Likes

If I don’t care about files, can I have a fresh server place for epiz_23180237 ?

Create a new hosting account :slight_smile:

1 Like

I need my old name

You can remove it from the control panel. That function should not be affected.

3 Likes

as far as I know, it takes time (like days)…

with that outage, I don’t want to experiment :slight_smile:

Is there a function to “refresh account” or something?

Sorry, nothing such exists here for now.

You can remove the domain, it’s instant. Not affected by the outage!

I don’t want to findout that the name is not available after that for some reason :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s why I am asking mods about something reliable

Assuming it’s a custom domain, it is next to impossible for you to loose it.

If it’s a subdomain from InfinityFree, the only way to “loose” it is if someone takes it in the 60 seconds it will take you to delete it from the old account and add it to the new one.

I would activate the new account first, open the control panel, then delete the domain from the old account.

Can I delete my old site account and recreate it with the same name under my user account? Or will it work only for a new user account?

my site has recovered now it is working fine. The only problem is before I was able to acceess it just by typing the domain name but now I have to put a www in front of it.

1 Like

My site - epiz_26636839 is affected, it will cause loss of clients to me. :frowning:

Hi when I open your site it redirects me to https://toonshub.ml/. Is it your site?

Actually it is the default error page of the site.

Please observe the outage communication rules.

In short:

• Only post here if you actually have something to add. Saying things like “I have the same issue” or asking things like “when will this be fixed” don’t add anything. We all have that question. I will share what I know as soon as I learn it.
  • This is not the place for social chats. This is a topic for information about a specific outage, not for memes, site commentary, coding support or general help. Please put support questions in Hosting Support and everything else in Informal.
  • Posts in violation will be deleted without warning. They will also be flagged, which negatively affects your forum trust level, which restricts your ability to engage in this forum.

Please help keep this topic clean for everyone. Thank you.

@toonshub I checked your site and it seems to be working fine now.

2 Likes

Good Afternoon thanks for your message & investigation into the current problem,

Some of the pages on our website at: http://www.fizgig.epizy.com/index.htm?i=1 give the 403 Forbidden message with ‘The website’s configuration prevents you from accessing this page.’

The main page seems ok and also the navigation page http://www.fizgig.epizy.com/fizgig-gigs.htm opening from that, however some pages from our nav page give the error, but not all (older ones from 2021 seem ok and also newer ones, but Jan 2022, Feb 2022 and Mar 2022 have problem. Mar 2022 was updated today once problem seen, seemed to upload updated file ok using FPT but problem remains when viewing page.

Thanks for the normally great service and for update & investigations now.

Tom & Ali @ Fizgig