Folder has disappeared

Galera boa tarde. Tenho um site hospedado aqui no infinity free . Uma das pastas recebia fotos e após o cadastro do usuário. Esta pasta desapareceu do nada. Alguém pode ajudar? será que ultrapassou algum limite de dados?

Please speak in English! Here’s the translation:

Which folder on which account was deleted according to you?

1 Like

Guys good afternoon. I have a website hosted here at Infinity Free. One of the folders received photos from users after registration. This folder has disappeared out of nowhere. Can anyone help? have I crossed any data limits?
total despair.
help-me

Folder Name: fotoUsuarios

account: epiz_23643468

not to stop the site, I created another. but previous is with all data from the old customers.

path: htdocs / arena3 / fotoUsuarios

I can’t lose this folder. I really need help

I created another folder named “fotoUsuarios” to continue receiving new entries. but I need the folder “photosUsuarios” previous too, because there is the data of customers who were already registered.

I created another folder named “fotosUsuarios” to continue receiving new entries. but I need the folder “fotosUsuarios” previous too, because there is the data of customers who were already registered.

Can you please elaborate on what “data of customers” you are uploading to that folder? Please keep in mind that we do not allow file or image uploading/sharing/storage/backup sites on free hosting.

I checked your account, and don’t see any reason why this folder would be deleted. But it does appear to be actually deleted.

Unfortunately, we don’t actually record or store deleted files anywhere. So I can’t even check if there was such a folder before, let alone when it was deleted, who deleted it and why they did that. It could be someone with access to your account on your end or on ours, or because of a (malfunctioning) script which did this. But we don’t keep records of all file changes, so I have no way to tell.

In any case, the folder does indeed appear to be gone. And we don’t keep backups for free hosting, so we have no way to recover it’s contents.

2 Likes

My site is a registration system. The form has 3 input type = file. Then the customer inserts 1 self-type photo and front and back of the identity document. I lost it all. At no time was it said that uploads were not accepted. How do I switch to an account that accepts uploads?

We don’t block file uploads entirely. All free hosting accounts support file uploading, as long as the file uploads are a sensible part of a normal website. So uploading some photos for a blog or profile pictures for a forum is no problem, but sites intended primarily for sharing images or storing backups is not OK.

But to speculate a bit more (again, I have no records of these files): it could be that the files were deleted because they were ID documents. ID documents are very sensitive and, at least where we come from, there are very strict rules related to handling and storing such documents.

But again, that’s just speculation. I have no copies or records of these deleted files, nor of any deletions. I don’t see any particular reason why we would delete those files, but I can’t see everything that’s done on the platform.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.