Free Hosting Alternative

InfinityFree offers 5GB of HDD with its free hosting account plan.

I have managed to find that FreeHosting are offering 10 GB to its free hosting plan.

Is it possible for InfinityFree to compete with this, and offer +5GB, 10GB with its free hosting
plans as well?

Unlikely to happen.
If storage is what you are looking for, please go ahead and switch.
SSL is not free though.

Had a very bad experience as account was shut without warning.
Don’t say I didn’t warn you

3 Likes

How much storage does your website currently use? Are you using more than 5 GB of storage?

1 Like

I believe the answer is here

1 Like

I’m not sure why you would need more than 5GB of storage for free hosting.

3 Likes

5GB is the max. Also, FreeHosting[dot]com bans Freenom domains and Free Subdomains.

2 Likes

Well spotted!

So for your site, having more storage would be useful. 5 GB is not enough for your site in the current state. But if you have a 12.6 GB website, then a 10 GB hosting account is not enough either.

In either case, you’ll need to remove files or offload them to a specialized file/image/media/document storage/sharing service and link to them from your site.

Yes, that doesn’t look as professional as having it integrated in your site. But please consider that you’re using free services. If you want a professional service, you may have to pay professional fees as well.

In our experience, 5 GB is plenty for regular website content, and most people never hit this. Most people who do hit it bring large media archives with them, which is not something we want to encourage.

4 Likes

SSL is not free though.
Had a very bad experience as account was shut without warning.
Don’t say I didn’t warn you

Does thi refer to FreeHosting, or InfinityFree? I was of the view that InfinityFree did offer free SSL https
for up to 3 (three) months. Is that still true?

Of course I am referring to

which charges around 30USD for SSL. No free support as well.
If you want support, pay up

It still stands…

4 Likes

And after those three months are up, you can generate another free certificate for another three months.

So basically you can always have free SSL here.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.