Free Hosting limits have been DOUBLED

Yeah!!!

2 Likes

Looks like mine haven’t doubled, isn’t it?

3 Likes

I think its applicable for new accounts?

To clarify: the CPU, IO and EP limits have been doubled for ALL accounts, new and old ones.

The inodes and hits limits have not been changed.

8 Likes

cool,ifastnet posted this 20 hours ago on their forum.
then after 4 hours infinityfree know this news and posted it on InfintiFree Forum

5 Likes

btw are the limit figures posted anywhere ?

— edit —

oh never mind, i found some posts and found its a mixture of maths and secrets :rofl:

3 Likes

Good to hear!! Lets see WP sites!

2 Likes

AMAZING!!! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

1 Like

Does this also account for MySQL usage?

4 Likes

As far as I know, MySQL usage isn’t tracked by itself. MySQL usage suspension are not based on hitting a daily limit, but because the server was actually overloaded and your account was responsible for it.

So increasing the MySQL limits is done by performance tuning on the database server and just adding more server capacity. Which is something that’s also been done recently.

I just checked and it seems that nowadays MySQL suspensions are really rare. So you definitely shouldn’t worry about MySQL usage unless you’re doing something really stupid with the database.

6 Likes

Like, learning how MySQL works?

I did that once and it for some reason, suspended me :confused:

1 Like

Just to state clearly, nowadays MySQL suspensions rarely happen. In the past, they happened more often, but due to server upgrades and improvements they have hardly happened in the last few months.

4 Likes

Doubled limits (CPU/RAM/IO) and still free hosting? Pretty nice ngl.

2 Likes

Nice Upgrade !!!

3 Likes

hey, idk how to thank you enough, this is brilliant for my learning. much love, keep it up <3

3 Likes

Hang on, with the doubled limits, does that mean that Infinity Free can support the size of the discoursemain.zip file (see screenshot below for details)

2 Likes

The upload limit has not been changed. Also, note that discourse cannot run on free hosting, and you can always just unzip the file and upload its contents.

4 Likes

So while the CPU, entry processes, and the IO limit have doubled, the upload size limit has NOT?

2 Likes

Correct. Admin already stated that.

5 Likes

Discourse still won’t work here. It can only run on a VPS or big.

2 Likes