Free Hosting limits have been DOUBLED

Hang on, with the doubled limits, does that mean that Infinity Free can support the size of the discoursemain.zip file (see screenshot below for details)

2 Likes

The upload limit has not been changed. Also, note that discourse cannot run on free hosting, and you can always just unzip the file and upload its contents.

4 Likes

So while the CPU, entry processes, and the IO limit have doubled, the upload size limit has NOT?

2 Likes

Correct. Admin already stated that.

5 Likes

Discourse still won’t work here. It can only run on a VPS or big.

2 Likes

Tks a lot :fire: !!!

1 Like

The best hosting ever you can find ! Love you guy’s much respect for ya !

4 Likes

Welcome to the community! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Big what?

1 Like

Big vps or server :rofl: dont be soo dumb!

I run off of correct grammar.

5 Likes

Cool! Thanks so much! :tada::tada::tada::champagne::partying_face:

3 Likes

Nice. So, can you allow chat scripts to run from now???

No, only the limits have increased, the terms and conditions have not changed.

5 Likes

chat scripts ARE NOT allowed here

11 Likes

You have to remember that it is still a free service. Limits are still quite a bit lower than paid services. Chat scripts require a lot of resources that free services will not provide for the foreseeable future (or ever).

3 Likes

I just returned, and noice news :smiley:

3 Likes

there is no effect even my site becomes difficult to access due to resource restrictions like this

2 Likes

The limits have been doubled, but they still exists, and you can still hit them (although it should be harder now).

As far as I know, the “used all available processes” limit has not been modified, only the threshold for the daily Entry Process limit suspension.

But a well built site shouldn’t hit these limits. If you want help in figuring our why you’re seeing this, please create a new topic in Hosting Support and describe the situation.

3 Likes

I hope ifastnet migrates to either Cloudlinux 7 or 8 soon lol.

Cloudlinux 6 is EOL! And I dont think iFastnet is running Cloudlinux+ to get Extended support.