Free Image Hosting With CDN

CDN stands for content delivery network. Some popular examples are AWS Cloudfront, KeyCDN, MaxCDN etc. Image hosting means you will be hosting the image on another server for which you do not need to pay. But their servers are not fast, as they store billion of images.

To start off, go to any image hosting website, I personally recommend imgbb.com. Upload the image and copy the link provided for that image. Open a notepad and paste the link. Just before the domain part of the link (after https://), add The CDN for Static Files on GitHub, GitLab, and Bitbucket - Statically.
Ex. the link should look like: cdn.statically.io/img/i.ibb.co/5L3Bfbr/wordpress-logo.png.

Add this link instead of the default generated link by the hosting! hope your site became faster.

So what is the point? How will your website load faster?

Isn’t that contradicting?

1 Like

The delivery will improve. Speeding up the page indirectly.

How will it speed up if image hosting is slower than web hosting? Speed of web site is limited by the weakest link.

1 Like

that is the reason we are using a cdn.

So your adding your own image to the slowness?

But the user will still have a super long load time the first time, and the first time is when you want it fast. One way to speed up a website is to have everything on one server, and not on different ones.

1 Like

A CDN loads static content from a closer data center to your location. If I was in London and the server was in New York, the CDN would serve assets from a closer data center to me. The images are also cached so the performance will also improve. Less time for the request to take means less time for the page to load.

Especially with InfinityFree, CDNs are useful for reducing Inode and Daily hits.

2 Likes

Why not just use Cloudflare? Cloudflare also provides a CDN for most static content (including images) and is a lot easier to setup than having to upload every image to a third party site.

2 Likes

Yep, agreed. Although I would recommend adding Arc as well, it has been growing in popularity over the past year since it pays website owners. Much more better than Google Adsense.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.