Free SSL now available for subdomains!

A year ago, we provided free SSL certificates available on our hosting, but only for custom domains. Since then, free SSL certificates for subdomains has been a frequently requested feature.

So I’m proud to announce that as of right now free SSL certificates are available for free domains and subdomains!

In the SSL Certificates menu, you can now also add your subdomains. Certificates for subdomains are provided by GoGetSSL.

If you have a custom domain, you can manage your free Let’s Encrypt certificates like you did before. But if you want, you can also use GoGetSSL to get free SSL certificates for your own domain. Just select GoGetSSL as the certificate provider when adding the domain name.

What do you think of this new feature? Please share your thoughts and questions below!

30 Likes

Love the new design on the SSL Manager! I think pretty much everyone will be happy with the fact that they can get free SSL for their subdomain :smile:

14 Likes

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:
Yeay! SSL is available for the subdomain!

11 Likes

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

3 Likes

Nice! That was a long-waited wish.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for offering SSL to sub-domains! I already sent the SSL request to my website, how long does it usually take to receive the certificate?

2 Likes

I guess 24hrs at most.

2 Likes

Last time I tested it, it took under half an hour.

As soon as you’ve set up the CNAME records, it should be pretty quick (but not as fast as Let’s Encrypt, unfortunately).

3 Likes

This morning at 10:30 I click on “Request SSL Certified” and it’s still on “Pending” :frowning:

It also says “Not Ready” next to your CNAME records. Can you please check that you’ve set up the right CNAME record for your domain?

Important caveat to my previous statement: it takes under half an hour after you’ve setup the CNAME records.

I already checked it! Thank you very much :slight_smile:

What is the best way: to issue a new certificate for each sub-subdomain or is it possible to use same one issued for main subdomain?

Hello, I am a newbie to a lot of these SSL/cert features.

I used the Free SSL Certificates option to generate a certificate and it says “Pending”.
I read the earlier posts mentioning that the CNAME needs to be added. The help page (How to create the CNAME records for free SSL - Docs - InfinityFree Forum) mentioned the CNAME can be found in the Client Area but I do not see anything explicitly saying CNAME.
Might someone be able to point me in the right direction? Where do I get the CNAME if I am using an epizy subdomain (URL is juegagt.epizy.com)?

I also generated a key/CSR on the SSL/TLS page but not sure if this was necessary or not. Any insight would be appreciated.

The GoGetSSL certificates are valid only for a single domain. So if you get an SSL certificate for example.epizy.com, it’s only valid for example.epizy.com and www.example.epizy.com.

If you want a certificate for any other subdomain, like example.rf.gd or example1.epizy.com, you’ll need to request a separate certificate for those domains.

Sorry about that, that document still needs to be updated with the new features.

You can find the CNAME record to add by going to Free SSL Certificates → click your domain name → click the Pending certificate. On that page, you can find the right record name and destination to use (which is not _acme-challenge like the document says).

That wasn’t necessary. A new private key is generated in the client area, and you don’t need a CSR, so you can skip the Generate Key/CSR step in the control panel.

5 Likes

Admin Please where can we find the CNAME records for our subdomains, it’s only the root domain we can find.

3 Likes

You can find the CNAME records to add in the client area. You can find the current CNAME records in the control panel.

And you can add CNAME records for subdomains of your own domain by adding them to the CNAME records of the own domain. Just add the subdomain to the record name in that case. So if the client area says you need to add the record name _acme-challenge to the domain name blog.example.com, you can add a CNAME record with name _acme-challenge.blog to the domain example.com.

5 Likes

So finally after my lot of request admin is using GoGetSSL API :blush:

3 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Problem with SSL on free subdomain

hi admin. is this free ssl for the first year only? or is annual renewal of ssl is still free?

1 Like