Freenom Domain not connecting with new account although domain checker verifies dns

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

epiz_31577459
(please specify the website or account you are asking about)
my.freenom.com

Error Message

The selected custom domain is already in use on hostbuzz.pw. Please remove the custom domain from your account at hostbuzz.pw before you can host it on InfinityFree.

Other Information

Domain check of infinityfree confirms ns pointing but I can not add it to new or existing account of infinityfree.
(other information and details relevant to your question)

Do that

3 Likes

I have not added it anywhere else and even if I use the domain checker of infinityfree. it shows ns are pointing towards infinityfree ns

Wait for admin then

2 Likes

What’s the domain name I should check?

3 Likes

ards.ml
www.ards.ml

I changed ns for Cloudflare and it worked fine but whenever I change it for infinityfree.
it starts giving above mentioned error message.

It gave an error message saying the domain was in use when you pointed it to our nameservers, but it worked fine when you pointed it to Cloudflare’s nameservers?

Then the fix is simple, right? Just point it to Cloudflare’s nameservers and call it a day?

3 Likes

kindly guide me on how to set up with Cloudflare so I can connect this domain with infinityfree hosting.
I tried to connect infinityfree with Cloudflare but could not succeed.

Before you can use Cloudflare, you need to set your namseservers to ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com. Add your domain to your account, then follow this guide

This is what I see for now

4 Likes

but I am unable to add to the infinityfree account.
I have changed them back to default.
now I again pointed them back to infinityfree
but still the same problem

whenever I change the name server for infinityfree, hostbuzz.pw start showing otherwise if I use another DNS server it works fine.
I do not know what is issue when using infinityfree DNS.

Other Domains are working fine.

Did you try reading the error message?

2 Likes

yes, I did. but I did not host it anywhere else.

I recently register it on freenom and after that only tried to connect it with infinityfree.
when I enter Cloudflare DNS, those DNS do not give any error.
but when I point towards infinityfree it gives the above error.

other domains are connecting fine with infinityfree.
I am not using it anywhere else.

Just to be very clear:

THE ISSUE IS THAT THE DOMAIN IS IN USE ON OUR PLATFORM.

This is what the error message says very clearly.

I don’t know why you keep talking about nameservers and Cloudflare and other domains. If you think about it, the message “the domain is already in use” makes it immediately obvious that it’s not a nameserver problem, the issue is specific to this domain and other companies (like Cloudflare) would not be affected by this.

Most likely, someone else had registered this domain name before you did, and used it on another hosting company using the same platform as we do (hostbuzz.pw).

4 Likes

The domain has been removed from the old account at hostbuzz.pw now, so you should be able to add it to your account now.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.