Freenom domain not working with infinty hosting

It’s same with me. I’m almost waited 3 days and doesn’t update the nameservers in all countries. I’m using dnschecker.org to check if the nameservers change over the internet.

I just checked that website and I saw that it updated in Spain. I don’t know if this is just glitched or it is just in that one country, but it shows that it is resolved in Almeria, Spain and it shows me 2 IP addresses, does anyone know what those are?

This is called DNS propagation. It’s seem every iFastNet hosting is not available over the internet and only working in certain countries.

It’s not an iFastNet problem, it is a Freenom problem. All non-freenom domains are working perfectly fine.

3 Likes

If I change the nameservers to other hosting services, it’s updated instantly. Also, tried different iFastNet free hosting and not work.

I tried different hosting nameservers and it’s works. (Not iFastNet free hosting). My domain I’m using is https://www.codehub.ga.

Do you know any other free domain registrars other than Freenom? I tried dot tk but it just says not available for every domain I try. I also didn’t get any support on my domain from Freenom yet.

Dot TK is the same company as Freenom. I’d try eu.org or FreeDNS though.

3 Likes

That will not do anything. The problem is the nameservers, not getting the domain @anon32498208

1 Like

I am taking about the “Not avaliable” problem.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions for free domain registrars? I tried FreeDNS and eu.org, but they both seemed really complicated to use, so I think I will use them as a last resort. I saw someone say to wait for a week for it to be fixed, do you know if this will work for sure?

No, we can only guess unfortunately.

FreeNom really is the best option, and there is not really any free domain providers, as it is a fairly risky and costly business.

2 Likes

So what should I do if it doesn’t get fixed, Freenom isn’t replying to my ticket.

I can’t really help you with that, I have never looked for a alternative to FreeNom.

Custom domains like .com, .net, .xyz are not very expensive, .com comes in at less then $15 a year.

2 Likes

Use Google Domains, they offer .com & .net fomains for $12 a year. Automatically puts your site on search engines.

I would do all of that if I could, but first of all my parents wouldn’t let me spend any money even if I wanted to, and this is not I serious project that I am thinking of spending money, this is just a project that I and my friend want to do just as a fun and personal project. Thanks for helping me and staying with me all this time guys! Thanks for the advice @Greenreader9, its fine if you don’t know, does anyone else have any other alternatives that are free?

There are none. Domain registrars are not cheap, and it’s hard (and expensive!) to fork over free domain names to whoever wants them.

You do have another option, though, and that is using GitHub Pages (static only) or like, such as Replit.com, Vercel, Netlify.com, etc.

4 Likes

Oh ok, but how do those work, and how do I use them?

Also can I use a custom domain with them?

If you follow the links that I provided, you can see that. They should also link to comprehensive guides, but if not, you can Google one. Also, w3schools.com HTML course is a good place to start.

Yes, for free on each of them except Replit, I believe. I think you must get a paid subscription to use a custom domain with Replit (but I have no idea).

3 Likes