Freenom sucks

Even though freenom is good for free domain, I think that we can all agree that it sucks

I'm still wondering how do I register in freenom? - Informal - InfinityFree  Forum

• It’s user interface is horrible
  • They are a scam
  • IT IS SO SLOW
  • Their support is never online
  • They mark domains “fraud” for no apparent reason
  • And their user interface is again horrible

freenom is the cheap way out
it still sucks
but if you dont have money its good for ya

1 Like

well it does suck, but for people who dont have enough money / or not willing to pay, it’s the only option for them. to be honest, they seriously need to making stuff functional and stop with their current state

4 Likes

100% agree but I don’t think it’s a scam and it just sometimes doesn’t work sometimes due to their servers being overloaded for some reason (They get some money so they should upgrade their servers just a bit more).

4 Likes

Quick update: I got an idea to make a NES styled website and wanted to make a domain and they just got me banned. LMAO

2 Likes

Yeah…
I wish there were other free domain providers. I have no money lmao im a broke child, and I have to use freenom for my websites

im sure freenom is really bad that they just straight up kill domains which ends with .tk
pretty annoying actually. they got to fix their problems ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Your emoticons arm just got ripped off by the evil backspace.
Also sounds pretty bad so I might just use a VPN or something and create a new account. otherwise i’m gonna use subdomains from now on.

1 Like

I just don’t want to pay for a domain I will probably abandon.

Since I failed to renew in time, they took my domain and now it cost money (they say it’s “popular”, but we all know that’s just because I used it).

With that, and the fact that I got banned from the game that I was making the website about (innocently, might I add), I’ve decided to halt the making of it (the game has really terrible moderation service).

1 Like

i forgot to mention something but freenom is fraudulent. if your free domain get lots of traffic/popular they will just steal it from you and not letting you use that domain anymore like seriously why? sometimes your domain even redirects you to a literal adult website.
about their customer service, i can say that their service is pure dead, even if you contact them you’ll just get your account marked as fraud and nothing else. i hope this company get sued

I don’t. If they get sued, they might disappear. If they disappear, where do we get free domains from?

I have plenty of complaints about them, from support, domain selection, to the fact that they keep thinking that I’m a ******* robot!

I don’t want them gone though, because they seem to be the only trusted source around.

1 Like

I understand why sometimes people think it sucks.
But again, as Greenreader9 mentioned:

If they disappear, where do we get free domains from?

For real, Freenom is the only known way out (for the most), even through it slow sometimes, think you are a robot for “some” (if you request too many domains they MIGHT think you are a robot.) reason.

That their support leaves a s**t about your domain (or other stuff, I don’t know.)

Still, let’s just enjoy what we have, OK?

It can disappear unexpectedly, without us even noticing.

3 Likes

its not only option.
eu.org domain(its free and not sub-domains, you can add to Cloudflare,infinityfree)

1 Like

Thats a good idea to use that but it wants all the information a site couldn’t really need from you when you register.

1 Like

Well, technically, it’s not the only option.

Yes, you can add it to CloudFlare and/or InfinityFree.
But the registration is just too slow. They will approve your domain in 5-12 days(!).

We also know that for InfinityFree’s Nameservers to work you need to wait 48 hours (or 2 days)

So in total we waste 14 days (if max.) and 7 days(if min.).

While Freenom is just like this:
Find a domain name
Choose a domain ending (.tk, .ml, .ga, .cf, .gq)
And you are good to go.

If every domain is unavailable, try adding numbers or dashes or search for new one.

Freenom’s Time Waste Score is 2 days (if max.) or none(if min.).

1 Like

How many domains do you own?
And do you use them at all?
(EDIT: This question is for ManuTheCoder!!!)

Error code 0x08823 means you were put on freenom’s watchlist.

for me, when i got the domain, i changed the dns to infinityfree nameservers when checking out and it only took like 1 minute for it to work with inffree so its probably something else
and i don’t know if i am lucky or not but they already approved my domain when i finish registering it
so in conclusion it depends on when you register it i guess

Here’s a tip: order the domain first, then wait 10-15 minutes, run the /ipconfig flushdns command, and then add the domain to your account, and you’ll skip dns propogation.

worked for me :smiley:

1 Like

just keep patient.
Now I mainly use eu.org, ditching freenom.
And I don’t have to worry about my domain being suspended. :wink:

4 Likes