FTP Error


#1

I put in the Host, Username, Password, and Port in correctly and I made sure of it. Yet, no matter what FTP program I use, it still will not connect.


#2

I’m also having the same problem. Even online file manager don’t. Are u doig a maintainance work on the site or is it a bug.


#3

I have had the same problem for several hours already as well.

FTP connection just times out, no response at all. Also “Online File Manager” via cpanel does not work.

The website does work though, but I can’t upload the updates now.

Seems like a temporary problem. I guess when somebody notices it will get fixed quickly.


#4

still not working… really annoying :confused:


#5

3 hrs later still does not work… when is it going to be fixed? :(((


#6

Do you still experience this problem? FTP seems to be working fine now.

If not, can you please login to the control panel, then try again?


#7

Works normally for me now. Both FTP and Online File manager.
Thanks for fixing the problem!


#8

Hi, it works better now, chrome opens the ftp, however windows does not. FileZilla does not work either

Status: Resolving address of ftp.rf.gd
Status: Connecting to 185.27.134.11:21…
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message…
Status: Initializing TLS…
Status: Verifying certificate…
Status: TLS connection established.
Command: USER rfgd_19885704
Response: 331 User rfgd_19885704 OK. Password required
Command: PASS ****************
Response: 530 Login authentication failed
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

here is the log


#9

sorry guys, figured out with FileZilla, wrong psw stupid me :smiley:
however, I preffer using windows ftp explorer, do you know how could I connect to it?


#10

Managed to connect with filezilla for like 20 seconds and got disconnected instantly… am I the only one having troubles with this?..


#11

it was working fine around 10 minutes ago. now i cannot login to the cpanel, it says “please restarting your browser”


#12

Works fine with FileZilla now, windows ftp explorer cannot catch it yet though :frowning:

@MoonlightCapital try logging in with another browser maybe?


#13

@knaitas said:
Managed to connect with filezilla for like 20 seconds and got disconnected instantly… am I the only one having troubles with this?..

Did you get disconnected instantly or after 20 seconds? There’s a huge difference.

There is an inactivity timeout which disconnects you after 20 seconds if you don’t do anything. However, if you connect and immediately start whatever transfer you were planning to do, you shouldn’t have any problems.

@MoonlightCapital said:
it was working fine around 10 minutes ago. now i cannot login to the cpanel, it says “please restarting your browser”

If you still get that issue, please create a separate discussion about it. It has nothing to do with FTP connections.


#14

@Admin said:

@knaitas said:
Managed to connect with filezilla for like 20 seconds and got disconnected instantly… am I the only one having troubles with this?..

Did you get disconnected instantly or after 20 seconds? There’s a huge difference.

There is an inactivity timeout which disconnects you after 20 seconds if you don’t do anything. However, if you connect and immediately start whatever transfer you were planning to do, you shouldn’t have any problems.

It is fine now, however I still cannot connect through windows explorer (simple folder). Is it possible to do it with your hosting?


#15

@knaitas said:

@Admin said:

@knaitas said:
Managed to connect with filezilla for like 20 seconds and got disconnected instantly… am I the only one having troubles with this?..

Did you get disconnected instantly or after 20 seconds? There’s a huge difference.

There is an inactivity timeout which disconnects you after 20 seconds if you don’t do anything. However, if you connect and immediately start whatever transfer you were planning to do, you shouldn’t have any problems.

It is fine now, however I still cannot connect through windows explorer (simple folder). Is it possible to do it with your hosting?

FileZilla is the only FTP client we use ourselves and we can guarantee works. We don’t have any Windows systems here, so I don’t know how or if FTP access in Windows Explorer works.

However, my previous experiences in mounting FTP as a remote folder in a file manager was problematic because the slightest connection hiccup led to corrupted files (so avoid mounting the FTP storage and editing the remote files directly).


#16

FileZilla is the only FTP client we use ourselves and we can guarantee works. We don’t have any Windows systems here, so I don’t know how or if FTP access in Windows Explorer works.

However, my previous experiences in mounting FTP as a remote folder in a file manager was problematic because the slightest connection hiccup led to corrupted files (so avoid mounting the FTP storage and editing the remote files directly).

aah okay thank you:)

I just find windows explorer much easier and faster (oldschool)


#17