FTP Errors, Missing Files, and Websites Showing Connection Refused

FTP Errors, Missing Files, and Broken Websites

On some hosting accounts, loading websites and accessing files over FTP have been having issues. Many websites affected by this issue are also affected by ongoing stability issues on some servers.

Which components are affected by this issue

• Websites hosted on Hosting Volume vol17_1, vol17_2, vol19_1, vol19_2 seem to be mostly affected
    • Affected sites may see loading issues
    • Affected sites may be unable to view files over FTP

What issues may you see

• FTP may be empty (It looks like all files have been deleted)
  • Errors such as ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED and 502 Bad Gateway when loading websites
  • Home directory not available - aborting when connecting to FTP using FileZilla

When will this issue be resolved

We are doing our best to get these issues resolved as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we don’t have enough details to tell how soon that will be.

Additionally, please see this update from the team at iFastNet:

What can you do to fix this

If you hold a backup of your website, you can migrate your website to a new hosting account unaffected by this outage.

Click me to see the steps to migrate to a new hosting account
  1. Open the control panel and remove your domain(s) from the Addon Domains, Parked Domains, and Subdomains sections. Backup your database if needed

2. Create a new hosting account, and import your files (And database if needed)

We are aware of this issue and are doing our best to get this resolved as soon as possible.

To keep the contents of this topic clean, clear and concise, we ask that you carefully read the Outage Communication Rules before posting.

In a nutshell:

• Please keep the posts about the outage in this topic, and all posts not about this outage outside of this topic.
  • Please post relevant questions only that have not been answered yet. It may be compelling to ask obvious questions like “when will this be fixed”, but basic information like that will be put in this message as soon as we know it.
  • Please carefully check the known symptoms and affected components.
    • If you are on the affected components, you are almost certainly affected by the outage. If so, please refrain from simply stating you are affected, it does not help get your service back up faster.
    • If you are not on the affected components but do experience all of the symptoms, please say so below so we can check if our list is incomplete.
    • If you do not experience all listed issues and are not on the components that are known to be affected, the issue you are experiencing is most likely not related to this outage. If so, please create a new topic in the Hosting Support category and describe the issue there.
  • If you say you are affected by the outage, please always include your website URL. I can’t check if you are affected by the outage if you don’t say which of your websites is affected.

Posts that do not follow these rules may be deleted without warning. This is to help ensure that all the relevant information is easily available to everyone reading this topic.

5 Likes

As we already know the source of this outage, please do not post your domain name, hosting volume, or account IP in this topic. Such posts will be flagged and removed in order to keep our forum clean.

If you are experiencing this issue, or a similar one, on a different hosting volume than what is listed above, please create a new topic instead of replying to this one.

5 Likes

Hi,
my 2 sites are down. And i cant login via FTP too.
Sites: trida.dezerteri.cz
and
dezerteri.cz.
Can you check this?
Thanks.

Welcome. Please check yourself if the hosting volume those domains are on is affected. If it is, the topic above applies. If they are not, please create a new topic

4 Likes

hi,
I can’t find the files, they’re missing, and I don’t have a backup
My website is : https://azdiscom.ga

Your files are not missing, and they are definitely not gone. They are still on the old storage cluster and will be migrated soon. Just have patience, you’ll have access to your files again soon.

5 Likes

UPDATE:

Sites on Hosting Volume 17_1 should now be operational!

5 Likes

My site is on hosting volume 17_1 and is still returning a 404 with no files present. I can re-upload the files, but I don’t want to do that until I’m confident the problem is actually resolved.

WEBSITE IP
HOSTING VOLUME
vol17_1
HOME DIRECTORY
/home/vol17_1/epizy.com/epiz_32840165
CREATION DATE
2022-10-21

I checked your account and it looks like the folder of your account is indeed empty.

My best guess at this time is that something may have gone wrong during the migration and caused your files not to be migrated. I can have someone check for you if it’s still possible to move your files over. But if you have a copy of the files yourself, it should be safe to upload those instead.

3 Likes

I’m combining both outage topics into one topic with more information on the current state.

If you have any questions, please ask them there.

4 Likes