FTP, file manager, email, some website IPs were down

Today, there was a hardware failure in our server cluster which caused problems for various parts of the free hosting service. The issue has been resolved already.

For completeness sake, here is a record of the known outages that occurred today.

FTP (and file managers)

Since yesterday around 22:30 UTC, many people had trouble connecting to the FTP servers. Many connections failed to be set up, and those who were able to reach the FTP server got an error looking like:

421 3900 users (the maximum) are already logged in, sorry

This issue was resolved around 12:00 UTC today.

Since the file managers also use the FTP to access the files on your website, the file manager were unable to connect as well.

Mail service

The email service was also unreachable from 7:15 to 11:15 today. This will have resulted in mail being delayed, and may have also had consequences for webmail service.

Website IPs 185.27.134.139 and 185.27.134.140

The websites hosted on IP addresses 185.27.134.139 and 185.27.134.140 were down from yesterday 23:00 to 15:30 today. This resulted in Connection Timed Out errors on the websites hosted on these IP addresses.

If you’re not sure whether your website was affected by this, you can find the IP address of your hosting account like so: https://infinityfree.net/support/find-your-ip/

1 Like

yhx for letting us know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for all the information! I hope this helped all the questions from last night! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi- thanks, thanks for the update.

Still struggling to FTP in - tried last night and also tonight- just getting timeouts on attempting to connect.
No changes at my end in terms of FTP client, settings etc, so assume there are still a coupld of teething issues being resolved?

it’s depending which volume you’re. most volumes are fixed

1 Like

I checked your account and it’s working fine from here.

If you’re still having trouble accessing FTP, can you please create a new topic in the Hosting Support category and describe the issue you’re experiencing in detail? Because whatever the issue is, it’s not the issue described in this article. Because if it was, then it would be fixed already.

1 Like

Ok - much appreciated, will try again/different FTP client, and see if problem persists, and raise separate topic if this is the case. Thank you :slight_smile:

Ok- I may have got to the bottom of it - using a 4G connection over Vodafone - no problems accessing my account.
Via my home ISP (VirginMedia) - problems. I suspect at somepoint in the last week Virgin have started blocking port 21…

Update - its blocked by virginmed;a “virus safe” - I’ve requested it to be whitelisted and see what comes back

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.