Since a few days, we are seeing reports about people who are having various kinds of issues with FTP on their accounts.
The issue seems to only occur on hosting accounts that have the Website IP 22.214.171.124.
You will see one of two issues:
- You cannot connect to FTP at all. In FTP clients that show server error messages, you will see this as “421 Home directory not available - aborting”.
- You can connect to FTP, but any changes made to your files do not take effect on your website.
We are doing our best to get these issues resolved as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we don’t have enough details to tell how soon that will be.
There are no currently known fixes you can do, but there may be some workarounds.
If FTP access is available, you can choose to backup all files and databases. After that, you can remove the domain from your account, and create a new account for the domain. Then, you can import your website on this new account.
Please note that moving to a new account will result in some downtime for your website (remember that your website is still accessible now), so please consider for yourself if being able to make changes to your files is more important than downtime (and the effort required to migrate the site).
We are aware of the issue and are doing our best to get this resolved as soon as possible.
I completely understand that this may cause confusion and you will have additional questions. I am happy to provide any information I have to help you.
However, to keep the contents of this topic clean, clear and concise, I ask that you carefully read the Outage Communication Rules before posting.
In a nutshell:
- Please keep the posts about the outage in this topic, and all posts not about this outage outside of this topic.
- Please post relevant questions only that have not been answered yet. It may be compelling to ask obvious questions like “when will this be fixed”, but basic information like that will be put in this message as soon as we know it.
- Please carefully check the known symptoms and affected components.
- If you are on the affected components, you are almost certainly affected by the outage. If so, please refrain from simply stating you are affected, it does not help get your service back up faster.
- If you are not on the affected components but do experience all of the symptoms, please say so below so we can check if our list is incomplete.
- If you do not experience all listed issues and are not on the components that are known to be affected, the issue you are experiencing is most likely not related to this outage. If so, please create a new topic in the Hosting Support category and describe the issue there.
- If you say you are affected by the outage, please always include your website URL. I can’t check if you are affected by the outage if you don’t say which of your websites is affected.
Posts that do not follow these rules may be deleted without warning. This is to help ensure that all the relevant information is easily available to everyone reading this topic.