FTP outage report

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

epiz_33694559

Other Information

Since the “System issues” category is locked, I send it here.

I want to report that today (28 Feb 2023), the FTP is offline and none external client is able to connect.

Please fix it asap. Thanks

I checked, and our FTP server is fully up and running and working swimmingly. I checked your account through the file manager (which also uses the FTP server) and through FileZilla and both are able to connect without any issues. So whatever issue you may be having, it’s probably not the FTP server.

If you’re having trouble connecting to FTP, please start by trying these things, as they tend to solve most FTP connection issues:

If this doesn’t solve the issue, please generate a more detailed log output from FileZilla so we can see more about what’s actually happening on your end:

Only forum staff is allowed to publish to the Systems Issues category because that category is only for outages that we know affect a large group of users. We don’t want people to post their own things in it which they think are system issues, but may actually be a problem with their account specifically, or even not caused by a hosting problem at all.

The issue you’re experiencing actually seems to fall in that last category.

I don’t know of any company that lets their customers post directly to their status page. There is always a help desk in between to collect, asses and verify that there is in fact a system issue, and not something else.

5 Likes

Strange… I tryed to connect thru FileZilla and got an error that it’s unable to connect. Additionally, the whole domain: ftpupload.net seem to be offline

try to use 185.27.134.11 instead of ftpupload.net

7 Likes

I ask you again, can you please share the logs from FileZilla. This is how you can get them:

I would like to know more about why it is unable to connect. And like I said before: FTP is working fine, and when I tested it yesterday I was using ftpupload.net as the domain.

I want to help you with this. So please give me the information I need to do this, not just your interpretation of what it means.

5 Likes

FileZilla logs:

With the option “If possible, use direct FTP over TLS” enabled:

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Error: GnuTLS error -8: A packet with illegal or unsupported version was received.
Status: Failed connection attempt to "ECONNABORTED - Connection closed".
Error: Unable to connect to the server
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Answer 220 ---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
Answer: 220-You are user number 885 of 6900 allowed
Answer: 220-Local time is now 15:23. Server port: 21.
Answer 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
Answer: 220: You will be disconnected after 60 seconds of inactivity. Command: AUTH TLS
Answer 234 AUTH TLS OK.
Error: GnuTLS error -8: A packet with illegal or unsupported version was received.
Status: Failed connection attempt to "ECONNABORTED - Connection closed".
Error: Unable to connect to the server Status: Waiting for renewal...

I don’t know which version you are currently using
try downloading the latest version
because it looks like they changed something recently

in addition when creating a connection
make sure you allow all these certificates

TEST

8 Likes

It looks like your FileZilla installation is not compatible with some cryptography options of our FTP server.

Seeing how such options tend to be highly specific to the platform being used, can you please share which operating system and operating system version you use, as well as the version of FileZilla?

Alternatively, you can configure FileZilla to not use TLS at all. This is not very safe, but will likely bypass this issue.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.