FXP support

Hi,
I have to transfer files between two InfinityFree accounts. Does the servers requires FXP?
Thanks
(The problem is that I have a connection with a limited data plan (1 GB/day) and so I want use FXP to save some data)

No, FXP support is not available.

FXP stands for File eXchange Protocol. It lets you copy files from one FTP-server to another using an FXP-client. Normally you transfer files using the FTP protocol between your machine and a FTP-server, and the maximum transfer speed depends on the speed of your Internet connection (e.g. 56k, cable or T1). When transferring files between two remote servers using an FXP client, the maximum transfer speed does not depend on your connection but only on the connection between the two servers, which is usually much faster than your own connection. Because it is a direct connection you will not be able to see the progress or the transfer speed of the files.

Source: SmartFTP - What Is FXP?

I don’t think our FTP server supports FXP. I don’t think many people will need to transfer files between accounts, because the FTP service is supposed to be used for website administration (meaning you’ll probably want to move content to and from your own computer for editing).

Ah ok, it was only because I have a limited connection. Can you zip for me the folder maicol07.ml in the freecluster account? I tried with the file manager but it is too big… (so I can download it and then upload it on the other server).
Thanks

@maicol07 said:
Ah ok, it was only because I have a limited connection. Can you zip for me the folder maicol07.ml in the freecluster account? I tried with the file manager but it is too big… (so I can download it and then upload it on the other server).
Thanks

There is a file size limit of 10 MB. It’s not possible to create, upload or store any files larger than that. I think your best bet would be to find an online service which can pull the files to their server and compress them there, but I don’t know any such services myself.