Getting 400 Bad Request request when updating content

I am Getting 400 Bad Request nginx error when updating content regularly. It has become very hard to update as anything as it is coming now and then. Request you to please assist.

I can’t think of any reason the hosting servers themselves would generate 400 Bad Request errors. Where exactly do you see the errors? And which content are you editing and through what system (editing static text files, PHP code, images, stuff through an admin panel for some piece of software)?

sir i am updating normal content now and then it gives me the same error till now i am receiving the same error, it happens frequently. as i try to add any content and publish in wordpress it gives me the same error. I am adding and editing in wordpress page,post.

What is “normal content” for your website? Does it happen on posts or pages? And only some posts/pages or all of them?

yes i am getting 400 Bad Request Nginx error while updating or adding all posts and pages.

@Manish88 said:
yes i am getting 400 Bad Request Nginx error while updating or adding all posts and pages.

All HTTP response status codes that are in the 4xx category are considered client error responses. 400 Bad Request Error indicates that the request sent by the client was invalid for one reason or another

You may be uploading a file that is too large . In many cases, the server will produce a 400 Bad Request Error when a file is too large (and, thus, the request cannot be completed).

Or You may be using permalinks with improper chracters than 400 bad request error can occur.

Expired local cookies can also result into a 400 bad request error.

Try clearing cookies from your browser, uploading smaller files or log out and relogin to wordpress.

Some plugins for wordpress can also cause this problem or if you had recently uninstalled a plugin than probably it’s settings are not cleared properly from database.

I have already tried by logging out and reloggig in it gets updated and added in post or page after some time it again happens. Can you please check if there is any issue in server side as any cache in server side can be fixed.

@Manish88 said:
I have already tried by logging out and reloggig in it gets updated and added in post or page after some time it again happens. Can you please check if there is any issue in server side as any cache in server side can be fixed.

I don’t know how a server side cache could cause a 400 error. While there is some caching on the server side, it wouldn’t make sense to cache the result of a form being submitted.

I can think of two possible reasons why you’d see an error like that:

• WordPress doesn’t like your input and rejects it with a 400 error.
  • The request sent by your browser to the server is messed up so the server cannot handle it.
  • The input you’ve submitted is invalid and being rejected by a security layer. For example, submitting large files/pages may trip a size limit or submitting program code could trip a security filter.

So, could you please try to:

• Check if this issue occurs with short, simple posts or pages as well?
  • Check if you get this issue on other devices/browsers/networks as well?

Yes it is getting error in small and simple posts as well…

I am Getting Again 400 Bad Request Nginx Error again and again while updating or adding content to my wordpress website. This is not stopping I have cleared history and all but then also getting same error.

Admin please answer my question I am not finding any answers

@Manish88 said:
Admin please answer my question I am not finding any answers

Could you please answer my questions first? You answered the first one, but not the second one.