Do u want free ssl from a popular trusted certificate authority then Global Sign is offering free SSL for open source projects and SSL2BUY is offering free SSL for non-profit organisations only.
Here is Global Sign requirements:
- Must be licensed with a license approved by the Open Source Initiative
- Project must be actively maintained
- Order must meet all vetting requirements
- Follow industry best practices in configuring your SSL and get an “A” when tested with the SSL Checker
- Agree to the standard Subscriber Agreement
- Not be a site that is also used for commercial purposes
Note: You must be eligible on the requirements for getting your free SSL
- You must be an official NON-Profit Organization
“I don’t know more cause they didn’t announce about their free ssl requirements”
I don’t know whether if they still give free ssl
How to get Non-Profit SSL from SSL2BUY?
You simply just contact them and tell them you want free SSL and you are a non-profit organization.
They will check you if you are really a non-profit by checking paper stuffs or if you are a member of techsoup, if you lied to them that you are a non-profit then good luck cause idk what will happen, I only ask them if I was eligible