Having difficulties to upgrade wordpress due to gateway timeout.

Hi,

I’m sorry if my question not relating, I just get confused and need direction or a hint about this problem.
I tried to upgrade my wordpress to the latest version, but every time I tried, it’s always shows gateway timeout.

Sometimes, it shows “update is currently in progress” which is I know where this headed (I deleted the " core_updater.lock" file on sql table through phpmyadmin panel, the issue is still appear.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Scripts can only run for 20 seconds, after which they are killed. Upgrading a script is a rather complicated process, so it’s possible that it takes longer than 20 seconds.

However, almost always it’s also possible to upgrade the software yourself without using the built-in updater. The instructions for manually upgrading WordPress can be found here: Updating WordPress « WordPress Codex

@Admin said:
Scripts can only run for 20 seconds, after which they are killed. Upgrading a script is a rather complicated process, so it’s possible that it takes longer than 20 seconds.

However, almost always it’s also possible to upgrade the software yourself without using the built-in updater. The instructions for manually upgrading WordPress can be found here: Updating WordPress « WordPress Codex

Now, I cannot access my website. down, I don’t know why its happen. Not only from my side, I tried to used this service “ownforeveryoneorjustme.com” still down.

Now, is working again.