Hello my site is suspended... But Why?

I won’t write cache myself… I will use a plugin.

As I see it when I posted on Twitter my site is online then is when it was suspended. I had 34 likes and I am thinking this increased the cpu. That is why i am searching a way to reduce the cpu usage via the aforementioned methods.

Every Friday I will have my own show so people can listen to me. I have around 70 listeners and they might be more time after time. Do you think this is going to be fine or the cpu limit could be increased instantly?

It would only increase suddenly if a lot of visitors came at once, or you get DDOSed. Twitter being embedded into your site shouldn’t be too much of a problem, since it just a button and retreiving some info from Twitter’s server on how many people like it. (If there was 1,234,567 people who like it, it would be shortened to 1.2M.)
And you plan on embedding something from e radio?

1 Like

That with visitors at once I can’t avoid it since I will have a show every Friday night. What is DDO and how to avoid it?

I will buy a shoutcast plan. There I can stream radio and I will have just the player in my infinity free site but the shoutcast server will be different. I will just have the embeded player as you say.

So while my site is not heavy it was suspended. I have to search what caused it. You see every Friday I have to be online and at least 50-70 people will listen my show.
So I don’t to have my site suspended. That’s why I am asking here for solutions.

If you’re just embedding a radio widget from somewhere else, that shouldn’t really consume any CPU usage. People just load your web page once and then don’t require any further server interaction (and so don’t generate any additional server load).

That’s assuming you don’t have anything which polls the server in the background. If you are hosting some kind of live chat script to talk with your listeners, that’s probably the reason why you’re running into the CPU limits (and the reason why we ban chat scripts entirely).

2 Likes

I do not use a chat for that reason. I read carefully your forums and I understood this. The thing is I believe my site cpu made it suspended for the mass visitors at the same time. If not I can’t understand why that happened.

I deleted the weather widget in the frontpage and my email form plugin and things got better. But then again I think it was due to mass visitors at the same time.

DDOS is basically where a attacker overwhelms the server with millions (billions) of request with a army of computers that were infected. Which thens basically makes the server unable to respond. Most DDOS protection plans require payment, but IFastNet will take steps to prevent damage to the InfinityFree servers (e.g shutting down servers or other methods). It is online now though, and why is it written in greek?

I do not know what happened but i deleted some scripts and stuff like that and now the site is ok.
I have done nothing more than this…
My site is online now but if i have problems in the future then i will do something that a fellow member suggested me.

My site is in Greek because i am Greek. What do you mean it is written in Greek?

I’m always curious, that’s why.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.