Help in setup flarum

I am setting up flarum for my forum while setup it asks for my sql database please someone help me

Screenshot_11

Hey there,

What help do you need? And are you trying to setup this on a domain or a subdomain?

Best Regrads

3 Likes

Hello!
Please provide an error message or add a message, you need more details

Best Regards

1 Like

As the above people have said, That look’s good, and is your error that you can’t connect, or rather that you have issues filling it in?

1 Like

We are sorry, but flarum is something that free hosting doesn’t support.
Better look for other php forums!
You need SSH access to install it. I know you are illegally installing flarum.

1 Like

You can make a free flarum here: https://www.freeflarum.com/

And then (if you have a domain name) create a cname and have your forum something like forum.yourdomain.com

5 Likes

That’s what I did here:
https://support.teamelites.gq

1 Like

wow, very informative, thanks for sharing this!!!
(i will probably use it soon)

4 Likes

Oh ye, and thanks! I am going to use it for documentation! (docs.hn.fyi)

3 Likes

Yeah that’s great.

3 Likes

No problem :smiley: Love helping !

3 Likes

hello sir i used xamp and got all those files in my pc and uploaded those files in my server i just need to setup the sql.

i am trying to setup this in my subdomain i dont know what to enter in database name and table prefix.

i just need to fill this i dont know what to fill in database name and table prefix

Hey,

You can create databases from MySQL databases. Add the name of the database you create where db name is needed. You can leave blank the prefix.

Hope that this helped

3 Likes

yeah i created the db name and entered correctly but it still says error i will try again and tell

Table prefix is a sign added before table name. For example in bd_table table, bd_ is its prefix.

2 Likes

Database host is not localhost. See the mysql server in your cpanel. That’s the problem probably

3 Likes

Also, When installing extensions, you will not be able to, as Flarum requires (as someone said) ssh to use composer to install sutff

1 Like

ssh and composer is used here to get the files and unpack and make it has a setup but i already done it :smiley: