Help with URL extensions

Whoops! I missed /. It should look like this:

/#xyz

However, this will not get rid of the # after the URL.

2 Likes

Hello again!

Im sorry I stopped replying yesterday, I was continuing to try these suggestions ^ but it then said I had to wait 23 hours to send my next response!

I have been unable to get it working using any of these methods so far.

From what I understand the problem is that by hiding the details after the hashtag, the website no longer can read which section of the page to navigate to and always takes the user to the top of the page. Im sure there must be a way to get this working but as of yet I am stuck :confused:

Does anyone know of another way which might hide everything after the / but not affect the navigation?

Thanks all :slight_smile:

I donā€™t understand why it doesnā€™t work for you
those special links (the ones with # sign) are called ā€œanchorā€
what the script does is purely cosmetic in my opinion, while the browser in the background understands clearly where to go ā€¦
the cosmetic part is triggered after the browser arrives at the required anchor
and then simply nulls the address in the address bar.

.htaccess ?? - I donā€™t think you can use it for the reason given here

What you could do is to make multiple pages instead of having it "all in one" and linked with menu which uses anchors and creates cosmetic "problems" for you.

If youā€™ve broken everything into multiple modules in this case pages - itā€™s easier to modify, update, understand, debug and maintainā€¦
Also faster loading and rendering - less time is wasted on a bunch of Reqs for images and stuff, which is a problem when you have all-in-one contentā€¦

2 Likes

This is the simple example from your problem:

Try to open it & click Portofolio menu. Then click the link from Portofolio page.
Will it works on you?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.