Hi Can i host a rest API using infintyfree?

And then i will fetch the data from the website and use it for my bot

Where are you fetching the data from? Please read the above article.

“Hotlinking and embedding images and other (static) files on other websites.”
This rule ?

But I am not using to embed images and data on websites
I’m using it for my bot

Hot-linking is disabled. You cannot take files or databases hosting here and show them on a different domain or platform.

Ok
Then fetching or embedding data from infinityfree website is illegal

Its not illegal, just not possible on InfinityFree. (Although I think it is violating the TOS as well).

1 Like

@Greenreader9 , do you know if hotlinking will be allowed if we upgrade or select a paid plan?

I do not unfortunately. You can ask questions related to premium hosting at support.ifastnet.com

This security system is only present on free hosting. On premium hosting, you can create APIs which are only accessed programmatically.

@Admin unfortunately, this is false. Based on @Greenreader9 's link, we upgraded and we’re still getting blocked. We’re on our 3rd round with support and have had to explicitly ask for any/all hotlink protection to to be disabled. Please improve your user guides and specifically this article to detail when/how hotlink protection will be disabled.

This is most definitely not false.

This security system is not present on premium hosting. Period. This security system is what prevents API hosting on InfinityFree. Therefore, it should be possible on premium hosting.

I’m personally not convinced yet it isn’t an issue with your website.

Part of me is curious as to what’s going on. But I own InfinityFree, not iFastNet, so I cannot provide support for their services.

Has your account and domain been transferred to premium hosting already? Has that been at least 72 hours to allow for DNS propagation?

Please note that we do not provide the premium hosting. iFastNet does. Our documentation describes InfinityFree, it does not reflect iFastNet’s premium hosting.

If you can provide clear evidence that shows this doesn’t work, I can update the documentation. But since you have omitted your website URL and have provided no technical details as to how your website works or what issues you’re running in to, I have no way to know what’s actually going on.

1 Like

Bro, do you have a discord server?

@Admin you developed entire infinityfree alone?

Yes indeed

@Admin is great and very very very good person like blender’s developer

@Admin

Has your account and domain been transferred to premium hosting already?
Yes

Has that been at least 72 hours to allow for DNS propagation?
No, but we can clearly see the records have been updated.

Here are the links that must be completely public/unfettered:
https://dumpsterdegens.com/metadata.php?tokenID=0
./image.php?tokenID=0

Here is the test page that cannot access them:
https://testnets-api.opensea.io/asset/0x35b5ae1dc597d43fa43fe9a3194dcc6dcace31f4/0/validate/

And here is the screenshot from our admin panel indicating that hotlink blocking is disabled:

inb4 “did you check the box allowing direct requests”

Yes, even though these items don’t have that extension, we tried it.

Where do you see this?

Just because you know the records have been updated doesn’t mean your device has picked up those changes.

Hmm, I don’t know that site.

I just entered “http get tester” in Google and clicked the first result and was brought to reqbin.com. When I entered the URL there, I got a response with status code 200 and some JSON data. So all seems good there.

Same story with Make Simple HTTP POST And GET Requests Online , it works fine from there.

Some HTTP testers don’t work because they use AJAX in the browser, and your web page doesn’t return an Access-Control-Allow-Origin header to allow other sites to use the API.

So my money is on the issue being specific to that other site, not your hosting account not accepting requests. Because there is plenty of evidence showing that that’s not the case.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.