Hosting issues

I downloaded wordpress in infinityfree host.but when i open website it does not show my site.
I waited for 4 to 5 days but isssue is still there.plz resolve my issue as soon as possible. Website url is: www.leaflet.gq
When i open site directory listing msg shown.

Even to me it does. Did you upload the zip file directly? If yes, then it will be deleted. Try using Softaculous instead.

The Directory Listing page means your hosting account is working fine, but no files have been uploaded to your website. Please try to upload your website again, and double check the directory where you’re uploading the files to. If you added the domain as an Addon Domain, it will have a separate directory, it’s not linked to the main htdocs folder.

1 Like

actually i am hosting for first time. i deleted a file in htdocs.but what file should i upload to htdocs.i am new to understand these things. plz help me step wise step what to do.

You should upload the website files (even WordPress when extracted the ZIP) in the htdocs via a FTP client like FileZilla or WinSCP. To let visitors show the website when you visit it, there must be an index.html or index.php or index2.html file.

But i could not understand from where to get wordpress file.

You can get WordPress zip file from here and then extract it on your computer/phone, upload the files contained in the wordpress folder on your htdocs using a FTP client like FileZilla or AndFTP (if you’re using Android), then configure the database, and continue the installation by visiting http://yourdomain, where yourdomain can be overwritten with your website URL, which is leaflet.gq in the screenshot.

wp%20pic

i extracted file to my computer now which file i should upload to htdocs.

You should upload all the files and folders. Then create the database via the MySQL databases section on the Control Panel.

If you just want to install WordPress, you may want to check out Softaculous in the control panel as well. With Softaculous, you can install one of hundreds of different popular scripts with only a few clicks. No file management or database management required!

2 Likes

i have uploaded wordpress file using filezilla in htdocs. now how to create database.

Go to the MySQL databases section on the Control Panel and input only the name of the database. The complete name of the database will be in the form of username_dbname, the username and the password can be found on the Client Area, clicking on the website name “Website for yourdomain”, where yourdomain can be replaced by either a subdomain creation or the domain you’ve added to the account via “…or use your own domain” and clicking on “Show/Hide” after scrolling down to show the password. The database host can be found on either the Client Area or the Control Panel and should look like sql123.epizy.com. Copy all those data in the WordPress database configuration wizard, or edit the wp-config-sample.php with them and rename it as wp-config.php to then continue with the installation.

i created database and now what to do after that.

Nothing on phpMyAdmin. Copy all the database data from the MySQL Databases section of the Control Panel, except username and password, that can be obtained following those steps:

Paste the data in the WordPress installation wizard, located at yourdomain/wp-admin/install.php, and try to install the software.

Bit of advice used sofcualse if your new to web hosting as it installs it for you,

Edit : Just to clarify this is for future refrence of the user and any others who see this.

The correct spelling is Softaculous. Even the Admin said it, but the poster didn’t want to install it automatically. So deal with it.

Ok using softaculous app gel me to resolve this problem?

Remove ALL the files inside the htdocs folder (that can take a while), go to Softaculous Apps Installer, click on WordPress, then Install, leave the directory field blank if you want to install it on the root directory, then select the site name, its description, admin username, password and email and a optional theme and click on Install. Make sure you double, triple and quadruple check the fields to make sure they are correct and visit the site again.

@Tanzeela Use The Softaculous App from the control panel. I feel sorry that you had to wait so long.

When you press Softaculous App Installer and a new window will open up.

1.) Hover the mouse over Wordpress and then Press Install.

2.) Fill in the Information by selecting Wordpress Version, Protocol and Domain to install it in But leave the 4th column In Directory Blank. E.g if you put “web” in the 4th column your link might get http://leaflet.gq/web/ Which you don’t need. So you should keep it blank.

3). Name Your Website & Description. Don’t Enable WPMU. Then Create Username and Password. Do not forget your password. Also Enter your Email address. For now any email address will do.

4.) Scroll way down and Hit the Install Button.
4 And it will process, create database automatically and Install Wordpress. Done!! :slight_smile:

To remove wordpress, You can visit Softaculous App again and find INSTALLED tab and Hit the red Crossmark. (Incase you need to reinstall Wordpress or something else)

Now just Visit Your Website.

1 Like

Thanks for your coorporation

1 Like