How can i configure the zone of the domain?

i don’t how but i want to config it as this

options {
//listen-on port 53 { 127.0.0.1; };
listen-on-v6 port 53 { ::1; };
directory “/var/named”;
dump-file “/var/named/data/cache_dump.db”;
statistics-file “/var/named/data/named_stats.txt”;
memstatistics-file “/var/named/data/named_mem_stats.txt”;
allow-query { any; };
recursion yes;
rrset-order {order fixed;};
dnssec-enable yes;
dnssec-validation yes;
dnssec-lookaside auto;
forwarders { 192.168.1.1; };
/* Path to ISC DLV key */
bindkeys-file “/etc/named.iscdlv.key”;
managed-keys-directory “/var/named/dynamic”;
};

logging {
channel default_debug {
file “data/named.run”;
severity dynamic;
};
};

zone “.” IN {
type hint;
file “named.ca”;
};

zone “ligeti.com” IN {
type master;
file “ligeti.com.zone”;
allow-update { none; };
};

include “/etc/named.rfc1912.zones”;
include “/etc/named.root.key”;

1 Like

of course change the zone with mine moooooon.epizy.com

puppetlabs ?

What you want goes beyond free website hosting
and you should have access to the server

If I got something totally wrong - then I apologize

1 Like

no you are correct …

what are the ways to delegate my domain name to a DNS server on my own ??

First of all, free subdomains cannot be delegated to external nameservers. Custom nameservers is usually only available if you purchase a domain name with an actual domain registrar. Our free subdomains can only be used with our website hosting service.

The configuration snippet you pasted looks like the configuration file for the BIND DNS server. I’m not sure if our nameservers even use BIND to begin with, but even if they were, you would need to have your own (virtual) server with BIND in order to have access to the system config file.

1 Like

“First of all, free subdomains cannot be delegated to external nameservers. Custom nameservers is usually only available if you purchase a domain name with an actual domain registrar. Our free subdomains can only be used with our website hosting service.”

thanks for the plenty of good info

you would need to have your own (virtual) server with BIND in order to have access to the system config file.

can i get more info about this ? do you mean that i need a pc to be always on to resolve the dns requests , right ? or there is a service like this online ?

The answer to both of these questions is “yes”.

Yes, you basically need your own computer to be online 24/7 and reachable from the internet to run this software. Fortunately, there are plenty of companies who rent out computers for such purpose for only a few dollars per month, so you don’t need to buy hardware and put it in your home. Just search for a company provides “VPS”, and you should find plenty of them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.