How can I use my domain here without using nameservers?

I have a domain in Namecheap, and I want to use it here. However, I do not want to change my nameservers

I think without changing nameserver ! You can’t use Infinityfree!
Pointing your own domain to your infinityfree hosting account only can linked or identified through NAMESERVER!

Right now, you have to change your domain’s nameservers to be able to add it to a hosting account.

But once the domain is added to the account, you can move it back to your own nameservers and point the domain to the Website IP of the hosting account.

3 Likes

can you tell me how?

Tell you how to do what?

The Website IP is listed in the client area as the Website IP under the account details.

And if you need to ask how to configure your DNS records, I highly recommend to use our nameservers instead. If you don’t know how to setup DNS records, you’ll have a much easier time if you just let us handle that for you by using our nameservers.

I know what is and how to make DNS records. However, I am not aware on how and what to dns record to add. If you have any guides or tutorials on how to do it that would be very helpful. And i can’t use your nameservers as I am in need to use the domain for other use. Setting my domain to your nameserver will not let me use it for other uses

You need to use IF’s nameservers to connect your domain. Once you do that, you can use an A record with the IP of your accounts instead. It is similar to the guide below, just use whatever service you are using instead of Cloudflare.

I think pointing a domain to an IP address is pretty trivial knowledge of DNS records. As in, not just being able to add specific records when presented to you, but also having a basic understanding of the different types of DNS records and what they do.

You have the domain and the IP address is clearly shown in the client area.

All you need to setup an A record for the base domain pointing to the IP address and a CNAME record on the www subdomain pointing to your base domain. If you have any subdomains setup with us, you can also CNAME them to your base domain.

1 Like

Hello can we use ipv6 as well with ipv4??

@heloproc Our servers don’t have IPv6 addresses (AAAA)
Our servers use IPv4 only (A record).

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.