How do I change my domain?

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

(please specify the website or account you are asking about)

Error Message

I wanna make the main domain exonic.us but I don’t know how
(please share the FULL error message you see)

Other Information

As soon as you click on something, the url is still my old domain (exonic.fr.gf) but I want it all to be exonic.us
(other information and details relevant to your question)

You will need to add your domain as an Addon domain and remove the rf.gd. Also make sure that you have a backup of your website files from the domain rf.gd.

Also, be careful when using the Redirects tool with domains you own yourself. You just make exonic.us redirect to exonic.us, which creates a redirect loop. Please remove the redirect from the Redirects tool.

3 Likes

I made Exonic.us the addon domain and removed rf.gd but only the home page is exonic.us, as soon as you click on something it sends you to a parking page of rf.gd. How do I fix this?

All the buttons redirect to rf.gd and I want to make it Exonic.us but I don’t know how, that’s what I want to know.

Ohhh simply edit your website by removing the rf.gd link and by replacing it into exonic.us link.

Yeah but I don’t know how to make the buttons change, go to exonic.us and click on a button like “member list” it will still send you to exonic.rf.gd

@Zlolkill Or reinstall the forum CMS to exonic.us

How?

As far as I understand, you want your old URL to redirect to new URL?
Yes you must rectify your CMS.

Also I think these redirects will help you:

Check this page out right now and this will surely help you!

3 Likes

Do I paste that in the .htaccess document?

htaccess folder?
I think you are confused with .htaccess and htdocs.

.htaccess is a file inside htdocs folder.
htdocs is a folder that represents your domain directory.

1 Like

I meant do I have to paste that in the .htaccess file

Sorry? I gave the link which has many redirects.
You don’t need to paste everything from that to here.
Paste according to your needs.
Also make a backup before modifying htaccess!

1 Like

Can you specify the complete information, like the CMS you are using, like the old domain and the new domain?
I will research if you do so for you. @Zlolkill

I use myBB for this forum, and the old domain was exonic.rf.gd but I changed it to exonic.us.
(I just did the redirects and it says “too many redirects” so I think that means that it’s updating or something cause it also said that yesterday when I changed the domain.)

Could you just try to reinstall the myBB forum from Softaculous? And install it to your new custom domain.

1 Like

Yeah but then all my files will be lost, right?

Make a backup and then restore!